Anyone tried Dynamic Security Agent?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Zero3K, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

duke1959 i don't know many who were as high on Cyberhawk more than myself when it first came out. Working alongside SSM it was a first-responder when i introduced various malware to my units. I was most impressed how it not only identified the filename & location but it TERMINATED it completely without a reboot like some bot killers need to separate it from explorer holding it seized untill after a reset.

The 30 day trial limit expired and when i reinstalled the next version it seem to lack the same capabilities the first beta offered PLUS it slowed the entire system down unacceptably.

I brought that to the attention of Cyberhawk Support right here at Wilder's and they did suggest they would offer an earlier version at whatever cost they will make it. Still i would accept that one since it was flawless in it's interception and termination abilities, also the user control was a bonus in that version.

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Thanks EASTER.2010, I hope I didn't get too far off topic here. I just want a simple solution to some type of HIPS. I added to an older thread on ProSecurity on this subject. I will hopefully see some responses from you there. Thanks again for the one here though.

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Not at all, glad to share my own experiences like this. Oddly enough Pro Security is one i read many reports and reviews often about but not been encouraged just yet to give it a position for testing, and that's only because am still juggling with a Combo that i can lock my confidence in.

There seems to be quite a stir surrounding ProSec right now and it's being mentioned a lot in the same manner of a SSM so it bears watching closely and how far along it progresses.

HIPS is a fantastic creation/prevention design that's been long overdue but now it's surfaced there is plenty to be excited about. I just hope they are able to fine tune around microsoft's scrambled code designs to make it stable enough to do what;s expected of them.

Great Topic and timely too. Regards :thumb:

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

My only complain about DSA is that it starts at about 15MB RAM and 48 hours later is at about 30MB,but i can live with it.I d also prefer a more informative popup.It should say more ,instead of having to click on "details".Otherwise it's good,it has less alerts than SSM for example.

5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Does Dynamic Security Agent really enhance something like System Safety Monitor or is it just jumping in a little earlier to claim the acclaim for offering block / authorize on a process?

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

When the tray alert pops up I click the "Details/Options" link but there is no new pop-up expanded alert. Is this due to the program still being in training mode? Or is there some other reason? Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes the problem?

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

When clicking details,you should get a more detailed explanation on the "same" popup.For example that the program C:/Programs/X.exe tries to load the Y.dll ,allow/deny.

I don't remember exactly,cause i uninstalled it a few hours ago.lol.But practically in the same area where the initial popup with the countdown is,you should get the extra info.Honestly,i have found SSM's free window much more clear and informative about the alert than DSA.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I see some difference so far as reaction time. Probably due to DSA's System Anomaly Detection sensitivity threshold scale. Just my guess but so far it compliments SSM well enough here to earn a rating as a keeper on this end.

Difference with these type HIPS is if we're lucky enough to get a freeware one that works it may come in very handy in the long run. I jumped up and down with excitement over CyberHawk & CoreForce at the start only to be disappointed by both and dropped them entirely. CyberHawk's trial simply run out and CoreForce just continued system slowness issues.

Any free release that proves it's metal is well worth holding on to in case later developments cause it to lose it's teeth and thus good standing in end users confidence. You're gonna go with what works best for you with least hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.