Anyone Still Using Ikarus Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I'm wondering if Ziggy at Ikarus is still at the Parent Company,and might he consider offering Wilders Members Special Pricing as he did back in 2012. More importantly anyone have any Feedback on Ikarus who is a current user? Sincerely...Securon

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I would like to give feedback on the current version Ikarus, but becuase the trial registration system is broken, I can't. The trial version of Ikarus, won't scan for viruses unless you apply online for a trial license. However, I just tried registering for a trial license a number of times with multiple browsers, but every time it failed. Based on past usage, the detection rates were quite good, but it was fairly heavy.

I don't like Ikarus due to the very restrictive nature of trial licenses. About three years ago I tried Ikarus and I thought it was a good product, apart from it being to heavy. When a new version was released, which Ziggy claimed to offer better peformance, I wanted to try it again, to see if it ran better on my computer. Because I had tried a previous version, Ikarus would not let me try the new version. I contacted Iggy about this, and the following was he posted in reply here at Wilders:
    If the new version had been significantly lighter, I woud have purchased a license. But sadly, I was not able to test it.

3. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Haha, he actually said that to you? That'd INSTANTLY put it on my "screw them" list.

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I also encountered a strange response on their website while trying to source a trial license...it stated it was only available using a verified Austrian Address. I tried an alternate method of downloading that succeeded but it wouldn't accept the license Key. A strange approach to Marketing a Product and dealing with a potential Customer. I simply don't need the Aggravation and Run Around. Thanks for your feedback roger_m! Sincerely Securon

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

why dont you try it again.

Getting ready to install it back on 3 computers,

6. PEllis

PEllis Guest

5 years, 1 user for $106.59 AUD is good.

7. anon

anon Registered Member

8. PEllis

PEllis Guest

9. ance

ance formerly: fmon

A crippled free version would be nice. :)

10. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

11. anon

anon Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.