Anyone running ZA Pro with Vista?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

2. henryg

henryg Registered Member

On my Vista machine, I've been using ZAP BETA version 7.1.218.000. I would say that it runs much better for me at least. However, if you are trying to avoid conflict... I would be careful when it comes to using the BETA version of ZAP. Version 7.0.462.000 had several issues with the Vista system. If I were you, I'd wait 'till the final version is out.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

To avoid any possible confusion

Version 7.0.462.000 is only for XP/2000. Any 7.0 ZA version will not install on VISTA machines.

There are no other previous versions of ZAPRO for VISTA apart from the BETA version 7.1.218.000. Retail VISTA version 7.1.078.000 was not released for ZAPRO only ZA free, ZAAV and ZASS.

Cheers,
    Fax

4. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Fax, if you look at the grid ( http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp ) under: "ZoneAlarm Pro".... you'll notice> 2000/XP/Vista. Perhaps CheckPoint made a mistake?

5. fax

fax Registered Member

Mistakes?... You mean ZAPRO VISTA listed there?
    Yes, probably the marketing department is faster than developers :D

But my point was another... you say that version 7.0.462.00 had issue with VISTA.. but no version 7.0 is VISTA ready (only 7.1)... so what sort of issue you are referring to?

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.