anyone running kerio tried the new 4.1.3 yet?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this was just reeased they fixed some issues and say they "hardened" other againts attacks etc... just wondering as i do not currently have kerio installed and don tknow if this will really make it that much better thanks all

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I upgraded my Kerio installation under VMware, and it works fine... It seems to run a lil smoother then the 4.1.2 but it could be me... Otherwise it runs without problems so far... :)

3. zfactor

is the ram usage still just as high with this version?? thanks.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

theres a v4.1.3? ive only paid attention to the 4.2.0 betas...either way i dont rele like kerio. it failed the grc scan on the 1-1056 ports. afaik, kerio hasnt slowed my comp when i have tried it, but i didnt actually check it in task manager.

5. zfactor

so far 4.1.3 has stopped everything on the leaktests site and shields up and pc flank nothing has got through yet!!! dont notice to much changes though does use slightly less ram though. not much less but it is less. was seeing like 26-30 now 21-24. i tired the beta 4 and while it did seem to operate fine i dont trust beta firewalls. just cant seem to bring myself to trust these. anyhow yes it was just released this morning on the kerio web site. passed copycat thermite . all of the tests i tried. i have done some setting up though dont know if it would do this well out of the box. i had to many bsod's with outpost couldn't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!! so back to kerio for now. i really liked outpost and want to go back but just dont know what else to do with the bsod's ive tried everything on every forum i could find , nothing worked. also got some really high ram usage on my machine from outpost sometimes more than kerio.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Kerio 2.15+BZ passes all the GRC tests, fully stealthed even when the ICS setting is on. Tried Kerio 4.12 on my other machine, had to reformat, back to Kerio 2.15 for now.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've been running the new Kerio 4.1.3 all day, mostly running pcflank, grc, sygate, and a couple of other tests. It passes all of them and the few leaktests I've lately begun messing with. Resource useage doesn't seem too bad, but I'm on a machine with 512 RAM. It does seem a bit faster than ZA and Sygate since I installed Kerio, and I'm running the Kerio trial version which has all the bells and whistles activated.

One day isn't much of a test but, so far, not a single complaint and I might just keep this one after the trial period expires and it reverts to free, without the extras that I don't care about. Resource useage will drop a bit then, too, an added plus.

8. zfactor

went through firewallleaktester and went through all of these. with some minor adjustment passed all i could throw at it!! 4.1.2 could not do this no matter how much i played with the rules!! i like what i see so far.

also memory usage does not go down very much without the extras on. i do not know why this is but mine only dropped maybe 1-2 mb of ram. not worth it to me so i kepot them turned on. i have a license so i can use them or not whichever i prefer. beta 4 is also checking out well but i notice a slight gui leak it seems with with it. the ram goes up slowly as your pc stays on. this does not seem to happen with the new 4.1.3 nor did it happen with 4.1.2. anyone else with some input would be great.

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

This new Kerio 4.1.3 seems work fine here too, ram usage around 25mb wich is quite high but the cpu usage is almost nothing... I like it, and the interface is much better then ZA's one :D

10. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

I agree with all of you, I have been using Kerio for a few weeks and really like it, there is no noticeable slow down with my connection or pc (I have 1GB of RAM) and the features are nice. Just updated it to the latest version yesterday and runs very smooth, as said above, the extras with the pro version aren't needed with me so the free is just fine.

:cool:

11. aku

aku Guest

Microsoft Windows (Win2K) File Sharing still can not established when firewall (4.1.3) was disabled.
    I think it's a bug.

12. Arup

Arup Guest

Takes forever to access the client machine from the ICS Host machine evenn though the IP of client is in the trusted list.

13. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Are you behind a router? I took Kerio 2.1.5 out to install another f/w and before I put it in did a check at GRC. Passed everything so my router is doing its job properly.

Tried 'Freeware process termination tool for Windows NT/2K/XP'
    from
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=apt
    and it bumped off Kerio 2. Anyone tried that on ver 4?

14. ninja_style

ninja_style Registered Member

i am also using kerio 4.1.3 here, it's running very smooth, this is my favorite of all firewalls i have used so far. it doesn't slow down my interenet connection or computer. the protection is very good too. i am very happy.

i got tired of outpost as well, i recieved a lot of BSOD errors, i had to uninstall it. i tried a lot of things to try and fix it, but nothing helped.

15. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I switched from Sygate Pro to Kerio 4.1.3 and am very pleased I did so. Does its job - I have the pro features switched off - very nicely with minimal use of CPU. Makes Sygate Pro look tired, out of date. I doubt very much I will bother to reinstall Sygate Pro (it was adding 3-4 minutes to boot time).

16. Arup

Arup Guest

I am behind a GPRS wireless conneciton through my mobile as well as wireless broadband.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.