Anyone heard of ipv7.exe ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by probe64, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. probe64

probe64 Registered Member

I am rather shocked to NOT find out much information on a worm called "ipv7.exe". My computer has now been infected twice with this damn thing. I had to reformat and re-install XP the first time I got it. Now, last night I got on he Internet without my Comodo firewall on, or my AVG on. I had forgotten I turned them off to do a disk defrag. I got online for about 20 minutes when I noticed a pop-up that said "EXEcrypt has been activated". I thought, where did that come from? I don't have a program on my computer called EXEcrypt. Anyway, it made me look down at the programs running and that's when I noticed I was running on the Internet "naked", without any firewall or anti-virus protection. I immediately got off the Internet and when I rebooted the computer, I noticed the Comodo said that "ipv7.exe is trying to access the Internet". I denied it of course, but that showed it was back on my computer again! I downloaded Spyware Terminator and ran a scan, it didn't really say it had found "ipv7.exe" but after looking again, it appeared to be gone (at least for now). I am really surprised there is not much information on this ipv7.exe
    Has anyone else had problems with it?

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

3. probe64

probe64 Registered Member

Yeh, that's a joke of a piece of software. Want's to connect to their servers for every little thing it does. I don't trust it one bit. But I do thank you for trying to help. So far, I am not seeing the little creep on my computer anymore. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.