Anyone heard of ipv7.exe ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by probe64, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. probe64

probe64 Registered Member

I am rather shocked to NOT find out much information on a worm called "ipv7.exe". My computer has now been infected twice with this damn thing. I had to reformat and re-install XP the first time I got it. Now, last night I got on he Internet without my Comodo firewall on, or my AVG on. I had forgotten I turned them off to do a disk defrag. I got online for about 20 minutes when I noticed a pop-up that said "EXEcrypt has been activated". I thought, where did that come from? I don't have a program on my computer called EXEcrypt. Anyway, it made me look down at the programs running and that's when I noticed I was running on the Internet "naked", without any firewall or anti-virus protection. I immediately got off the Internet and when I rebooted the computer, I noticed the Comodo said that "ipv7.exe is trying to access the Internet". I denied it of course, but that showed it was back on my computer again! I downloaded Spyware Terminator and ran a scan, it didn't really say it had found "ipv7.exe" but after looking again, it appeared to be gone (at least for now). I am really surprised there is not much information on this ipv7.exe
    Has anyone else had problems with it?

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

3. probe64

probe64 Registered Member

Yeh, that's a joke of a piece of software. Want's to connect to their servers for every little thing it does. I don't trust it one bit. But I do thank you for trying to help. So far, I am not seeing the little creep on my computer anymore. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.