anyone have burning cd problems after using aol avs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cruser921, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruser921

cruser921 Registered Member

sudenly my dvd burner is not working anymore even after a complet redo of windows. not sure but would aol avs cause this to not function. and how do i remady the problem. my drive acts like it is burning but when the disk comes out it is blank it will also erase disk just fine. any ideas

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have had AVS installed and removed around seven times during testing and never had any problem like you describe.

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Just un-installed AVS on my Windows XP machine on the 18th and coincidently used my CD Burner the next day and it worked ok. Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I've been yelling about this all over the place here and on Kaspersky forums.
    No one seems to give a damn. Tehnically speaking it's a very retarded bug (was whole Q&A sector on launch or something?) and only option to avoid it (and keep on using AOL AVS) is to get this CD burner software...

Free Easy CD-DVD Burner
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fecddvd.html

It's a very easy and free tool to burn all sorts of CD's and DVD's.
    I think it's even easier to use and has some more features.
    This one is 100% working with AOL AVS and i haven't experienced any similar problems like with Vista burning software.
    Let me know how you decided... :)

EDIT:
    Actually my problem is apperantly a bit different. Though it was still caused by AOL AVS... So it's higly possible that you're experiencing problems because of AOL AVS too...

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Have used Nero and CyberLink with no compat.-issueso_O

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

maybe you burner is broke they are very poorly made these days.
    they only like £15 for a dual layer burner.
    my old driver used to suddenly stop reading certain discs even ones ive put on computer in the past.
    so i got a new drive and all is well.
    lodore

7. cruser921

cruser921 Registered Member

you hit it on the spot man i just took it out plugied it in to a computer that was burning fine and it did the same thing it is a broken dvd burner :blink: after several years of working for me my trusted drive died :'( so off to the store i'am

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

All CD/DVD/peripheral devices are usually the first thing to go out in a computer system. The laser emitting device eventually malfunctions after reading/writing data for so long. I wonder if it is same as those hair loss laser combs that are being sold now? :D :p

9. Niels

Niels Registered Member

You can try this : start,run,type devmgmt.msc press enter now press on the +-icon before cd-/dvd-rom stations rightclick on you dvd drive and choose disable. When it is disabled re-enable it again. Sometimes two burning software can cause conflicts even remaints of it. Try to remove the remaints of a second burning software or uninstall it completely. If that didn't work than your drive is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.