Anyone experiencing MSN rendering strangely sandboxed?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

XP SP3 Sb 3.62. Since yesterday, MSN opens in what appears to be html unless that site has been previously opened un-sandboxed. This was happening with Sb v3.6 also. As long as I don't clean the disk with CCleaner, it will render perfectly all day even though the Sb contents are set to delete when Ff is closed. This is how I always browse though. Once or twice/day I'll run CC. I'm going to disable the HTTPS - Everywhere extension in Ff, as I just remembered there being a problem with that once before, and see if that has anything to do with it, although like I said it renders fine not sandboxed. Thank you!

I edit: I just disabled that extension via Ff un-sandboxed, ran Cc then started a new sandboxed session but sure enough msn rendered weird again. I'll post this problem on Wilders too and see if anyone else is experiencing it!
    I edit again: Well I fixed it! Hard to believe how programs can conflict. I discovered that the Garmin (GPS) lifetime map updater was in my startup programs. I don't understand why it writes to there. I disabled it from starting and now everything seems normal!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.