anyone ever use saverpoint.com for av purchase

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

someone i know in the uk was looking at buying from them and i have never dealt with them they have some great prices and im wondering if they are selling fake and or are the keys getting blacklisted from them?? anyone with experience? far better prices and on target with amazon just a bit cheaper. he is traveling so cant order from amazon right now since they dont seem to offer a download from the uk web site for the specific av time/pc's he is looking for amazon does sell it as a shipped order but as i said he cant get it that way right now.

any thoughts?

2. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Check out: store.downloadcrew.com and ebay.co.uk (only boxed versions).

3. zfactor

those dont have what he is looking for.

4. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

The only thing I can add is that they sell digital Norton products, including the 2013 range, and knowing the software market like I do, these are extremely difficult to get hold of in the UK. I don't know of a single UK company that sells Norton ESD products, legally.

Why? For three reasons: Norton UK do not have an "ESD" distribution option for their consumer products (it's handled in the States), because you have to buy in such huge quantities it allows only the largest distributor from buying Norton ESD codes (think Digital River) and they are very expensive. When we looked in to stocking Norton ESD codes, they were much more expensive than the boxed equivalents.

Looking at AVG Internet Security 2012 4-PC, 2-YR, which they list for £16.99, they also add "NOTE 2: The SERIAL KEY will be emailed to you along with full detailed instructions (The CD is not required and will NOT be supplied)". I don't know how they can sell it for £16.99. We complain (to AVG) about the same product on Amazon UK which is extremely cheap for this SKU (consistently the cheapest we're aware of).

I'll ask AVG in the morning and will report back :)

5. zfactor

thanks chris. if you stocked them im sure he would go through you guys. he would gladly use amazon but they dont seem to offer it as a download and as i said he is traveling so he would need it to be a downloadable version. but the price at amazon is awesome i agree. and i would assume amazon would be legit. we also found out that saverpoint is a amazon sponsored site and uses amazon checkout from what amazon told us. you know what they say about assuming but i would assume with that info they should be legit.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.