Anyone ever try the SoftPerfect Personal Firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratchet, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

2. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I have not tried the firewall, so I don't know. But I have tried the program called Networx from the same company. Networx helps you collect statistics about network usage...counts size of in and out data. Networx is great but not 100% accurate. I'm reporting this so somebody could get an indication. For example Netlimiter is much more accurate.

The positive side...They seem really active in developing and making their software better. Networx improved a lot. So I can immagine that all the products of the company get the same treatment. I don't forget that they offer some of their products for free and even if these have some limitations, I really appreciate their efforts.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I have tried it and its GUI, featureset means that its not meant for novice users. Its light and has very powerful packet filtering abilities.
    It doesn't have any hips or inbuilt whitelist. But it does have a training mode, similar to Comodo. Tried on Vista x64 no issues.

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have used it often. It is a packet filter, no app control. It does a great job if you know what you are doing. It is lacking a little in the logging portion. I like it's features of rules per mac list, and it allows logging on/off per rule. I install it, but dont' always have it autorun. It does work nicely for myself in tandem with xp firewall if so desired. It uses rulesets in xml, so you can easily import/export.

As said, it is very small resource wise.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.