Anyone else with the same issue

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Blackspear, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Just tried that and no different, there is nothing in the drop down boxes of "Fonts", Size and Color", none of the formatting buttons work, and nor do any of the smilies.

Nothing whatsoever changed on my system for the last 7 days, and it has been working like a dream. If it was the filters, bypassing these should fix the problem, but it doesn't.

Thanks any way Nick.

Cheers :D

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Well it must be simple because the other week i tried to add a smilie to a post and the page move forward but i cant for the life me think on how i fixed it :doubt:

3. Blackspear

LMAO, ahhh so it's not just me that has this issue, oh well one day we'll figure it out, this time is very unusual in that no fonts/size/color are available, they come up blank.

4. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Craig :)
    If you remember i had this problem the other week. Well i have just remembered how i fixed it. GO INTO IE tools / INTERNET option's/ security and make sure that this screen shot is showing. In my case they were disabled and enabling them fixed everything
    Good luck

5. Blackspear

Thanks Nick, they were all enabled, talking with LWM this morning he has narrowed it to my system not requesting scripting modules, so something on my system is doing this. At least now I have a direction to head in.

6. NICK ADSL UK

Bad luck Craig. Yes do be sure to go through any tweaking software that you have. I cant think offhand of any other software that you would be using that would cause this but it will be very interesting and valuable to us all when we have finally worked it out

7. Blackspear

I have tried turning absolutely every piece of security software off, however, once broken it does not come back. If I get some time in the next few weeks I'll play with imaging to see if I can narrow it down. I was able to make it happen after installing Kye-U's filters, however I had these installed for the last week and everything worked very nicely. Though this too can be the case, where everything works well for a few weeks and then out of the blue it goes haywire.

I have tried reinstalling JRE 5.01 without any noticeable difference. I have also made several searches on Google for vBulletin and JavaScript errors, and there are plenty.

With the latest dysfunction it is no longer browser specific and has crippled ALL formatting links, even pulling out the ability to font, size and colour select.

8. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Craig :)
    There is just one other avenue i can think of and that is to uninstall fire fox ETC And then repair IE From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
    Select More Advanced Options and place a check mark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
    Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
    In the All or Part of the File Name box, type IE.inf
    In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
    Click the Search button.
    In the search results pane, find the IE.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
    Right click the IE.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
    Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.
    There is no reason listed that i can find that would prevent this phenomenon other than what LWM has said. Also just to make sure you have all your add ons in IE REMOVED as this very rarely but can cause this type of behavior

9. Blackspear

Thanks Nick, just tried the above, everything is uninstalled and IE has been reinstalled, unfortunately there is no difference, and as found before, once broken, can't be fixed (whatever it is).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.