Anyone else have problems renewing NOD32 AV?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spamyou, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spamyou

spamyou Registered Member

I bought a 2 computer license last year for me and wife, Nod32 AV, now it is expiring. I still have the email they sent me confirming 2 licenses. So tried to renew several times over the past week but I get the error does not recognize my license/email combination. I sent the message via their customer support website a while back, and again today. So this time sunday, they write me back saying I need to call them...and of course they are closed when I call, not to mention the hold time when open.

While I really like nod32 AV, I could do without the hassles. Anyone else with this problem, ie just me or is this common behavoir from them?

So I assume I either pay full price again for 2 licenses, or waste time trying by phone, since their written support is worthless.

Since 2 licenses would be around $40 for renewal, and I am behind one router, and 1 new license is ~$40 I am tempted to see if I can just pay for 1 license for both, since if they were being fair to their word that is what I would pay.

Or I need to find another AV, one that can keep records and their word.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Are you attempting to renew from in the same country that you originally purchased the software? If not, the distributor may not have immediate access to your customer record.

You can call ESET's US office toll-free at +1 (866) 343-3738 and speak to a customer service or sales representative for assistance in looking up the license, or if you are outside North America then please send me the username and password for the ESET NOD32 Antivirus license via the forum's private messaging system to further investigate the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Aryeh Goretsky,

Is there a toll-free number for ESET for Canadian customers?

Regards,

Mark.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I believe the toll-free number works in Canada as well as the U.S.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. spamyou

spamyou Registered Member

I was trying to renew my license from same country, same city, same computer, same ISP address, I had purchased directly from eset as always. I have no idea why my password/email combo did not work, even have the email from original purchase to confirm.

I tried to call them, they put you on hold forever, and I dont have that kind of patience. I am the buyer, not the seller, and since renewing chose to look elsewhere.

I have used nod32 for past many years because it was one of the best. But the good news is after doing some research on rest of site, antivir has just as good if not better hieuristics, equally small foot print and fast scanning, and better virus database, so went with them.

Though I do appreciate the offer of assistance, I am done with eset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.