Any Zone Alarm Pro/Free users out there?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by CJsDad, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I also agree here too. At least it has been my experience as well.

2. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I currently use ZASS (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) version 7 which includes the new KAV engine and Spy Sweeper 5.2 (with memory shield and common ad sites shield disabled) on my six year old Pentium III 1Ghz notebook with 512K RAM (with some of it being shared for video memory) and it works very well. I could not even use just NAV 2003 several years ago without this same notebook slowing to a crawl and becoming almost un-usable. In the past I have tried other AVs including McAfee 8, 9, and 10 with the Windows firewall enabled and other various combinations and had the same problem of extremely high resource usage. But ZASS by far uses the least resources on this older notebook. The only other good combination I tried that even compares with the efficiency and low resource usage of the newer ZASS versions (6.5x and7.x) is NOD32 along with the latest ZAP (ZoneAlarm Pro).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  3. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Norton Personal Firewall 2006 (v. 9.1.033) failed
    Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall (v. 4.3.268 ) failed
    Windows XP built-in firewall failed
    Zone Alarm Pro (v. 6.5.737.000) failed
    Outpost Firewall Pro (v. 4.0.964.6926 (582)) passed
    Tiny Personal Firewall 2005 (v. 6.5.126) passed

These are PCFlank's Leaktest results.
    The new Zone Alarm v7 has failed again....I've just had it tested.

4. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I don't know about the information related to the PCFlank Leaktest results, what parts of the tests ZAP supposedly failed at and how ZAP 6.5 or 7 was configured for the testing but most of the other reported firewall security test results I have seen have the latest ZAP and Comodo as being among the few popular software firewalls that pass.

BTW I just noticed another recent post in this forum with a link to test results that support the firewall test results that I usually read.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=161801

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. Cstrike dish

Cstrike dish Registered Member

I have used Zone Alarm (Free version) now for some time and the resources it tends to use seem to be generally low, when checked by task manager. (CPU and Memory usage)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.