Any way to disable logging in Geswall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by spamyou, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spamyou

spamyou Registered Member

Sanboxie I would say is slightly but perceptively slower. Bothered my wife more than me, but I do notice it. She is now using geswall and happy with it. Currently I have sandboxie installed and occasionally use it, not sure what I will do yet on mine.

I measure two ways (besides the perception which granted can be wrong in such a close call).

First, by clicking across my first 13 links allowing load bar to just finish then on to the next I can reliably due this about 3 seconds faster without sandboxie (clean cache).

Second, run pcmark05 web page rendering, I get 5.3 +/- .2 in multiple runs with no sandboxie versus 4.7 +/- .3 with sandboxie installed. Geswall its still 5.3.

Both ways get about 10-12% slowing, which granted is only slightly noticable. And if you are getting a .2 second delay on a 1.5 second loading site, that would be about what I am seeing.

My wife does not care about measurements, but the clicking queen would probably notice even the .01 second delay. And if you want to argue with my wife that she is being picky, you will lose, just like I did.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.