Any way of saving ProcessGuard configuration?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bradmoss, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradmoss

bradmoss Registered Member

I mean If for any reason I need to uninstall and reinstall ProcessGuard again, is there a way of saving all the program security settings and so avoid going through the learning process again? Is there a file or registry branch where the configuration is saved?

TIA, BM.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

There are two files that you need to save pghash.dat & pguard.dat found in the \windows\system32\ folder.

You will also need to follow these instructions:

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard

3) Re-Install ProcessGuard v3.150, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.150\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Hey good to know, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.