Any TIPS on using MSE?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by HJO, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Incremental, with a roughly monthly full update, usually when a new engine is released.

2. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

"I have personally experienced the effect of this flaw in Chrome. When I was evaluating Symantec EndPoint using some malware links, when using IE the Java based exploit was stopped before loading by SEP. When using Chrome, the exploit loaded sucessfully and managed to infect some files in the Java folder. I managed to replicate the same issue with avast!. Even posted it in one of the threads at their forums but didn't get a satisfactory reply."

Does Opera have this problem? I don't like IE8 or Firefox...

3. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Haven't come around to evaluating Opera for this particular feature yet, but given the fact that MSE specifically mentions IE and FF only in sys req with no mention of Chrome and Opera, I highly suspect Opera might not be up to the game. Although I must say after giving a spin to Opera 10.6 I really like the way it performs. Tab opening, tab close, page rendering is smooth and speedy. Will share the results when I have them.

4. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

is there a way to auto apply recommended action without manually clicking "clean up computer"/"apply action"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.