Any reason why NOD32 scan missed a Trojan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

As i said, Wildlist is everything that counts for word ITW. So if they say they haven't missed single ITW sample defined by Wildlist, thats 100% true.

2. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

The wildlist is independent of AV vendors? (Those kind of spelling mistakes usually result from reading too many of my posts! :) )

Anyways, the point I would like to make is that using jargon, even using it correctly, might still be considered a marketing ploy if you take the position that many if not most readers of the the phrase about one hundred percent detection in wild as meaning more than it does. It is sort of a grey area, in my view. Something like the statement from a loan brokerage that you have been pre-approved for a loan. This is a status that many of the people selling loans use without having done any checking whatsoever of a persons creditworthyness. This annoyed me, but I didn't what to waste time with someone that uses these methods, so I called up a legitimate loan broker and asked her how could brokers get away with saying that people are pre-approved for loans, and then turn around and deny them. Her reply was, "Being pre-approved is not the same as being approved". But doesn't it sound like they are saying you have already been approved?

As I said, NOD32 has an excellent reputation, and, in fairness they must compete against other products that use this sort of confusing claim. So I can accept that the claim is perhaps appropriate. On the other hand, saying that the wildlist is independent of A/V venders does not necessarily mean that large numbers of people are not being mislead.

Sad or funny? Personally, I think it's pretty funny!

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.