Any other PE & ZASS users have this problem? - (longish post)

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Disciple, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Let me begin by saying I am not new to computers, installing/uninstalling programs, and troubleshooting problems. I do beta testing for various vendors, and can supply necessary troubleshooting data when needed. However this has me completely baffled, especially since this can't be recreate at ZoneLabs (ZL). :mad:

When I have to do an complete uninstall then install of ZoneAlarm Security Suite (ZASS), the install procedure corrupts the LSP stack requiring a complete uninstall/install of PE to regain functionality. What happens is after the ZASS install there is nothing displayed in the PE GUI, where normally there are 20+ items listed.

I am open to hearing from other users experiences and the results with installing ZASS and the affect on PE. I am open to suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or solve this very annoying problem.

TIA

2. Ean

Ean Registered Member

Yes, I have seen this also. I have ZASS full paid version and when there is a major ZA upgrade, then PE is broken to some extent. Uninstall/reinstall has so far always handled it.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Also possibly fixed when we get a couple of things more done. Are you getting the beta versions as they come ? if not please email support with request to get it. Thanks !

4. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Thanks Gavin, that is good to hear. Yes I am signed up for the beta notices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.