Any other PE & ZASS users have this problem? - (longish post)

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by Disciple, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Let me begin by saying I am not new to computers, installing/uninstalling programs, and troubleshooting problems. I do beta testing for various vendors, and can supply necessary troubleshooting data when needed. However this has me completely baffled, especially since this can't be recreate at ZoneLabs (ZL). :mad:

When I have to do an complete uninstall then install of ZoneAlarm Security Suite (ZASS), the install procedure corrupts the LSP stack requiring a complete uninstall/install of PE to regain functionality. What happens is after the ZASS install there is nothing displayed in the PE GUI, where normally there are 20+ items listed.

I am open to hearing from other users experiences and the results with installing ZASS and the affect on PE. I am open to suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or solve this very annoying problem.

TIA

2. Ean

Ean Registered Member

Yes, I have seen this also. I have ZASS full paid version and when there is a major ZA upgrade, then PE is broken to some extent. Uninstall/reinstall has so far always handled it.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Also possibly fixed when we get a couple of things more done. Are you getting the beta versions as they come ? if not please email support with request to get it. Thanks !

4. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Thanks Gavin, that is good to hear. Yes I am signed up for the beta notices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.