Any opinions of Personal Antispy?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by circuit79, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. circuit79

circuit79 Guest

Has anyone actually tried this program called Personal Antispy? I am wondering how good or not it may be. http://www.antispy.biz/index.html It is safe to try...correct? But please don't post saying to try some other program as I'm only asking about this one. Thanks for any info/help.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I do not know anything personally about this product, but

it sure seems a long time since their last update for the product to be targeted towards "modern spy software".

Also, unless I just missed it, I could not find any privacy policy on their site. I think if you are in the privacy business, that you should have a policy posted.

Attached Files:

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

WHOA! Don't touch that! Those people are spyware producers - they make keyloggers (including "Perfect Keylogger") and other such spying/monitoring software.

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I stand behind Detox and Puff. : for protection I'd better stay with the big ones...

Ewido (is Anti Spyware too, does a splendid job imo and is kernel level -read: can take care of real baddies too), MSAS, SpyBot, Ad-Aware SE.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I will add another excellent freewares: a-squared, Spyware Doctor, WinPatrol, MVPS Hosts, SpywareBlaster... ;)

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

With all the good top ones, why would you want to go with an unknown? Counterspy, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, MS AS, Ad-Aware, Spybot, TrendMicro (nice little one to check out if you haven't already, no install), Yahoo toolbar (comes with a free Pest Patrol based scanner), X-Cleaner, Bazooka, Ewido, a2, and the eScan toolkit.. if those won't find your baddies, nothing will, and all but CounterSpy and SpySweeper are free (or have free versions). See the second link in my sig for links, there's also even a couple more online scanners :)

7. Infinity

Very much the truth Vampiric and Notok! those apps are topnotch for what it costs.

There is another tool again which utilises a combo of apps.

It's called: Hitman and they've updated their program and there is a whole RESPECTFUL community behind the pgrm.

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

it is multi language and you'll like it!!!

it's the best of all free apps!

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Infinity,

you have the certainty that Hitman Pro is free?

Regards

9. Infinity

yes, it is free, I can guarantee you this. Cause it is build up with all the free utilities.

Their forum has the same Experts as a lot of ours. the program is built with a lot of dedication and should be used for people that want the best of basic spyware protection.

it's updated quiet a lot too ...

10. Arup

Arup Guest

Hitman looks to be a very good idea, I intend to try it out, would also save me from installing multiple apps like Adaware, Spybot separately.

11. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Hitman Pro is very cool, but there is some question as to the legitimacy of their use of a couple of the programs like Spyware Blaster, which is why I don't mention it. See HERE for more info (in an update alert that was removed), and HERE for a discussion in the Spyware Blaster forum a while back.

12. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I will try to test it later...

Right now, I'm studing for a Mathematical Analysis II exam... ;)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.