I asked this question below over at the ZoneAlarm forum several days ago. I guess no one had any answers. I thought I maybe some of the experts here might have some ideas. I'm just curious why a firewall would cause a discrepancy in a speed test result. Can someone please explain to me why when I use ZA 5.0 and newer, and run tests for my connection speeds, the tests always show speeds slower than with any other firewall, including ZA 4.5.xxx. For example, with ZA 4.5, Outpost Pro, Sygate free, my tests results are in the 4100 kpbs range. With ZA 5.0-5.5, I even tried the new ZA 6 beta, it drops to around 2700 kpbs. I like ZA, but I'm not using it for that one reason. I like using the most up to date software. A little history on what happened to me. I'm a Comcast cable customer. When they gave us a speed upgrade, I spent a week trying to figure out why I didn't get the speed upgrade. I contacted Comcast by phone and e-mail, and they kept telling me I had the new speeds. I was running ZA 5.5 at the time. I finally uninstalled it and got the correct results from the speed tests. I felt pretty stupid getting upset at Comcast. Thank you.