Any news about ANTS 3 Private?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Developer, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Developer

Developer Guest

Andreas,

Can you please give us an update about the status of ANTS 3 Private?
    Maybe some new screenshots and info about each module.
    Is it going to be released next month?
    Will the English version be released at the same time as the German version?

Thanks in advance...

2. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I second that request for update on information. Eagerly anticipating release. bob

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Can someone give me a good reason to be interested in Ants?  I've got TDS-3 and BOClean.

4. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

congrats ckout. i don't have those two programs. have a good one. bob

5. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Every one has personal preferences Checky.

I had that very thought when you were chit-chating about being a beta tester for ZoneAlarm. Who need ZA when you could have TPF/KPF?

Then I remembered! Some people like it better, although I have no idea why. LOL. The main thing is that they have choice, and use what works for them.

6. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

>Can you please give us an update about the status of
    >ANTS 3 Private?

A first Release Candidate 1 is prepared at the moment. You may add yourself to the list of tester at www.ants-online.de . There will be a english and german rc1.

>Maybe some new screenshots and info about each
    >module.

At the moment the update server is prepared. ANTS uses incremental updates using an own server and an own protocol.

>Is it going to be released next month?

Yes. If there were some new big problems ants 3.0 will be released next month

>Will the English version be released at the same time
    >as the German version?

english and german at the same time i think :eek:).

7. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Ok, lets compare ANTS 3.0 lite (the free version) to TDS-3 or BOClean. I think you can't compare ANTS 3.0 private to both of them ;o).

ANTS 3.0 lite has the more powerfull file scanning engine. It uses some emulation to step through packers and crypters (about 200 PE crypter and packer are supported). Although ANTS 3.0 can detect spyware :eek:).

ANTS 3.0 lite uses memory scan technology compareable to TDS-3 and BOClean. Like in TrojanHunter there is a guard included scanning the process memory of active processes.

ANTS 3.0 lite is freeware ;o).

I think you might say that the ants 3.0 lite guard is nearly exactly the same as boclean. ants 3.0 lite is quite the same as TDS-3 without the "network stuff" and "scripting stuff".

By the way this may change if tds-4 is released so i am looking forward to a match tds-4 against ants 3.0 :eek:).

I think you cannot compare ants 3.0 private to tds-3 or boclean. ants 3.0 private is a mix of tiny trojan trap, zone alarm, ants 2.1, a virus scanner and several usefull tools ;o).

8. controler

controler Guest

Hi

SIne I am an American could you please translate the
    Ants page for me:) It is in German

"A first Release Candidate 1 is prepared at the moment. You may add yourself to the list of tester at www.ants-online.de . There will be a english and german rc1. "

9. controler

controler Guest

Is the Beta test on the Ants 3 page for Ants 3.0 Lite?

And if so , why would anyone want to waste their time beta testing the lit version?

10. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, controler!

I would imagine that the 'lite' version, if that's the one that's going to be RC-tested, will see a much wider distribution among the populace (since it's free) than the 'Private' version (since it's not).

Since all the basics between the programs are likely the same, it makes sense (to me, anyway) to first test the one that's going to see the widest distribution.

Of course, we're not even sure that it's the 'lite' version they're referring to, yet.

I'd be happy to help test either (they have to start somewhere ) , and dropped them an email. Pete

11. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Well, the page is still in german. I will translate it later ;o).

Just go to http://www.ewido.net/ants3/betatest/ and put your email in it - thats all ;o).

ANTS 3.0 lite and private will be tested (first lite and than private i think).

Adieu, Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.