Any idea what this means?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Aug 22, 2018.

1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Not sure if this is the area where this should be or for that matter if it should be in this forum at all. If it should be moved or deleted I would appreciate a moderator doing so and I would apologize for the inconvenience. Now then, I receive from Lt Col Allen West a blog each day containing headlines that when clicked on take me to that particular article. I receive it on both my Windows XP Desktop and Windows 10 Laptop computers. I have no trouble with the one received on my laptop, it works fine, but on my XP I have started receiving this message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

greatamericanrepublic.com uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Hide details

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can do at my end so that I can receive it as I used to? As always I would appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. lolnothankyou

lolnothankyou Registered Member

Things to try:
    • enable TLS 1.3
    • change the minimum/maximum SSL/TLS version supported
    • temporarily disable any antivirus / internet protection software / plugins
    • delete temporarily internet files / cookies

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.