Any idea what this is?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by javahole, Sep 29, 2015.

1. javahole

javahole Registered Member

Hello people,

I'm in SE Asia here and quite often now i click on my usual links and just get the following text in a page with nothing else and its always the same ;

��;o厾T�8瞾垁攄腰g8嶌糯K:c�@鈝�4鶆cL:鷪f驡b��诱覕B錨� 竀%┖~N棁,險�彟4姉靰潋闇鬘嶘t]䙡:"r`摢)q�.鵻繌.x�軛nR膘?W煾€'��&Z ┭0n]庶䦟+�p澶� L遰酉1簔浛U傥�哾欰&宊IA ,4H�4�.k�w毃l �E濒}9e]u"�6,�9�趑 蟔�+7揍宾1潚闇 C骦H繌j闤鮪%"Ei%w喂�8:惽'M�(虨9蔭挙诅阛v�1僂�ya�'V樽鵉�擻JX,A=,螞汽�> 瀓羘职QB铲>嗋o|磖�堣芻蜯{羷3� /V勲棂鰨Z荸H膙�/t1$癈烫gTi墵=熶踿幏鐏c�'oUP�(a忞U

Any ideas?

Cheers

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

What's the address shown in address bar when you see this page? Which links are you clicking on to get here (links on webpages or bookmarks)? Also which browser, extensions and what security software are you using?

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

It means 127.0.0.1 :)

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It could be that the page was booby-trapped in some way, any links? If so hover over link to show just where link is going and if it downloads a payload (a dropper Trojan) . I used to get emails like that.

5. javahole

Cheers,

I'm using Comodo CIS, and as far as i can tell the web address shown when this happens is the same as where i intend to go as when i click refresh it loads to the correct page. Done an AV scan and MBAR scan - nothing. Using Firefox.

I might try and disable Comodo and see what happens.

6. javahole

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.