Any Good Uninstallers - Better Than Add/Remove?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Please explain how it's junk. The applications folder is only for software settings, and it certainly did delete those for me (in the free version, didn't try pro).

If an uninstaller becomes corrupt, Revo will remove it adequately imo. Not everyone, including myself, want to monitor / snapshot every installation.

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Revo Free isn't fully compatible with x64, according to the vendor.

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

It left behind a lot of folder/directories and registry entries, it basically didn't do much...

4. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

zsoft uninstaller hasn't been updated,but still works good...i think none uinstal;lers remove "all entries"..but wait maybe ashampoo uninstaller 3 removes most entries,etc ..what i don't like is it use a service to monitor apps.

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I tried ZSoft with the Analyze and it left behind a lot, I'd like to hear if people are using the ZSoft and going through the analyze process how it's working for them and the steps they are taking when doing it.

I know it doesn't seem complicated, analyze before you install, then install an app, analyze afterwards then in the analyzed programs tab uninstall, but when I do that it comes back saying some things couldn't be removed and I've found that every folder/directory was still in the system and hadn't been uninstalled... :(

6. culla

culla Registered Member

pc tech eh maybe you should learn how to use revo properly i've been using it [portable version] for years use advanced settings to uninstall never had a problem :D

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Does anyone have any experience with ZSoft and Win7 x64 compatibility? For awhile Your Uninstaller was the only version that was x64 compatible so I was forced to use that or Revo and I picked the lesser of 2 evils.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Even though Revo Free can't detect 64-bit installations, it found far more leftovers than Advanced Uninstaller Free.

Try advanced mode, that's what I always use.

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Is "Your Uninstaller" freeware or shareware?

10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Its paid for or nothing.

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Must be shareware, because it says "Free Fix" and "Try It For Full 21 Days".

12. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

It likely misses some locations on x64 due to file redirection and registry redirection.

13. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

What's that suppose to mean, good or bad?

Oh yeah it's a real difficult program to use. LOL...

So give us a run down of your secret methods? All I see is uninstall using the apps uninstaller, pick 'Advanced' and do a scan and then remove whatever it finds...

Anyone else have any thoughts to this or any other better uninstallers, especially for Win7?

I was hoping there would be a major consensus on an application like this...

THANKS

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

ZSoft uninstaller sounds interesting :rolleyes:
    Will try it

15. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yeah, click "Advanced", remove everything it finds, and watch your system screw up. That's why I don't trust these programs anymore and just use Add/Remove. You were expecting a major consensus of any program....at Wilders? I thought you had been a member here a while, you know better than to expect such a thing :D

16. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

LOL you never know it can happen rarely,look at the SBIE threads :D

17. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

These uninstallers are pretty much worthless (certainly Revo Uninstaller is - for me) IMO. I would only bother using any of these if the application uninstaller fails, or like someone else mentioned, you have a rogue, or just rubbish application that doesn't even have an uninstaller ... I'd then use these uninstallers to just rip crapware out of the registry. That's all I think they're good for.

The Revo uninstaller safe setting doesn't remove any more than the application uninstaller (I compared both by removing Comodo Firewall, once upon a time) Medium setting left several firewall services running at reboot ... Same with the Advanced setting. I think Revo Uninstaller removes the application uninstaller before it has even had a chance to run - just scraping it off the registry - no real application removal process. Just my opinion - Maybe Revo has improved.

Be interesting to see some varied application removal testing of how well these Uninstallers really perform.

18. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I don't use any uninstaller, no need for them.

I set up a test OS(dual boot) and test new programs & their uninstallers there, I only install those that behave on the main OS.

19. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

20. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well idk how long ago u used revo but revo works in 4 steps wen u choose to uninstall something,

1. creates a restore point
    2. analyzes the application before uninstalling
    3. runs the applications own built in uninstaller first (so that step right there shows that it does not remove anything before the application has had a chance to use its own uninstaller)
    4. After the applications uninstaller is finished, it scans for leftover files and registry entries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.