Any Directory Opus filemanager users here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sukarof, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

After 13 years I am ready to try another filemanager :)
    I´ve been living that long with Totalcommander and it have served me well.
    Now I am testing "Dopus" and I just love the way I can customize the user interface (and virtually everything) the way I want it. It has some really neat features, like putting Dopus into admin mode for specific period of time (1 to 30 minutes) when working on a series of tasks that require admin privileges (Vista)
    I have only scraped on the surface on all that this filemanager can do.

The only thing that I miss from TotalCommander, and cant seem to find the tweak for this in Dopus, is the ability to select multiple files with right mouse button. I like to do as much as I can with the mouse (I dont like to use keyboard)
    I have discovered the checkbox mode and is a decent substitute, but I would love if I could select multiple files with right click and drag them to the other window like I do in TC.
    Is it possible to tweak Dopus to do this?

2. regnim

regnim Registered Member

Power mode?

3. sukarof

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I have overlooked the power mode.

I have played with power mode but I cant get it work the way I want.
    If I choose in the settings for power mode for right button:
    "select only" and then enter power mode then I can select the files like in TC but I can not copy them without it showing the menu where it asks me if I want to copy or move them.

In TC it works like this: I right click on the files I want to copy (or drag the mouse over all the files in the folder while holding down the right mouse button) then I left click on one of the files I have marked and drag all the selected files to the other pane and they get copied. (If I want to move them I push the ctrl-key).
    While in power mode in Dopus the left mouse button suddenly has the same function as the left mouse button (select/deselect files) even though in the settings it is set to have normal behaviour (drag and drop)

Ah well, I am starting to love Dopus anyway, I am just too custom to using the mouse with few moves but I think, even though I am an old dog, I can learn to sit :)

btw I use the 64bit version of Dopus on Vista ultimate 64. Logitech G5 with 64bit drivers. But I guess that doesnt matter....?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. regnim

regnim Registered Member

5. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

If you'll right click on the directory opus window and select customize, click the commands tab, then under that tab choose edit. In the edit choices is a function called select all- drag that up to the directory opus toolbar, then close the customize window - now you have a way to select all files with a click :D

6. sukarof

Thanks for the link to the forum. I´ll ask there.

And thanks also chrome_sturmen for your tip but I have created a button for that in my tool bar already. I wanted the option to select multiple individual files with the right click and then copy or move them with the left mouse button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.