Any Directory Opus filemanager users here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sukarof, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

After 13 years I am ready to try another filemanager :)
    I´ve been living that long with Totalcommander and it have served me well.
    Now I am testing "Dopus" and I just love the way I can customize the user interface (and virtually everything) the way I want it. It has some really neat features, like putting Dopus into admin mode for specific period of time (1 to 30 minutes) when working on a series of tasks that require admin privileges (Vista)
    I have only scraped on the surface on all that this filemanager can do.

The only thing that I miss from TotalCommander, and cant seem to find the tweak for this in Dopus, is the ability to select multiple files with right mouse button. I like to do as much as I can with the mouse (I dont like to use keyboard)
    I have discovered the checkbox mode and is a decent substitute, but I would love if I could select multiple files with right click and drag them to the other window like I do in TC.
    Is it possible to tweak Dopus to do this?

2. regnim

regnim Registered Member

Power mode?

3. sukarof

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I have overlooked the power mode.

I have played with power mode but I cant get it work the way I want.
    If I choose in the settings for power mode for right button:
    "select only" and then enter power mode then I can select the files like in TC but I can not copy them without it showing the menu where it asks me if I want to copy or move them.

In TC it works like this: I right click on the files I want to copy (or drag the mouse over all the files in the folder while holding down the right mouse button) then I left click on one of the files I have marked and drag all the selected files to the other pane and they get copied. (If I want to move them I push the ctrl-key).
    While in power mode in Dopus the left mouse button suddenly has the same function as the left mouse button (select/deselect files) even though in the settings it is set to have normal behaviour (drag and drop)

Ah well, I am starting to love Dopus anyway, I am just too custom to using the mouse with few moves but I think, even though I am an old dog, I can learn to sit :)

btw I use the 64bit version of Dopus on Vista ultimate 64. Logitech G5 with 64bit drivers. But I guess that doesnt matter....?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. regnim

regnim Registered Member

5. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

If you'll right click on the directory opus window and select customize, click the commands tab, then under that tab choose edit. In the edit choices is a function called select all- drag that up to the directory opus toolbar, then close the customize window - now you have a way to select all files with a click :D

6. sukarof

Thanks for the link to the forum. I´ll ask there.

And thanks also chrome_sturmen for your tip but I have created a button for that in my tool bar already. I wanted the option to select multiple individual files with the right click and then copy or move them with the left mouse button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.