Any Better Alternatives Than RoboForm?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Sticky Passworsds is very good, the new version 5 arrived this week.

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

It is the best!

I beta tested the version 5 before it release. Excellent support and nice people.

3. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

As I posted before somewhere in this thread, I recommend currently 1password, which exists also on Mac & iPod. It's still a beta but it works really well.

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hi KOR
    1.I havent had any problems with support ,though Ive only contacted them about activation issues,
    2.This is a serious problem ,something that I wasnt aware of.
    3.I dont know what quicken is so i guess it doesnt affect me.
    Thank you for the information
    ellison

5. aladdin

Hi Ellison,

I contacted them eight years ago about the activation and about six months ago regarding "Options..", that it can be changed when Roboform is unlocked. Both times I got the run around. Maybe, you can contact them about the "Options.." flaw.

Quicken is a Windows based accounting program. I have password protected the database. However, Roboform in it's current form doesn't work on any Windows based programs such as Quicken, Microsoft Office and so forth.

6. ellison64

I contacted support and they said it was "by design" that it works that way.However i was most alarmed when i can go into security options and seeming delete all my roboform password protected files or remove the master password.It looks like ill start looking for an alternative to roboform..

Attached Files:

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yep bad support, not a smart bunch in tech support...

Bad support in Windows for products like Outlook

When your surfing the net popup windows will get a toolbar across the bottom of them, LOL, who logs into popups, LMAO

Also because the toolbar attaches to popups sometimes as it's trying to do this, for a split second you'll see the toolbar the width of your entire screen just pop into view, but again just a real quick flash of it, but I've seen it often.

When using Firefox and you click on the + to open a new tab RoboForm will disappear off the tool bar like 1-2 secs then pop back and this happened for me every time I clicked to open a new tab, really bothersome having to wait on it.

After looking at and playing with RoboForm and all the issues and the company, it just comes across like some real 3rd rate app. Heck KeePass seems a lot more professional then this...

8. aladdin

Hi Ellison,

Imagine, the BS they gave you. And, I got the same BS from them. When I questioned them, they started to give me a run around. "By design", my foot.

The best is Sticky Password, which works with x32 and x64 and has plug-ins for FF, Google Chrome and IE.

It automatically fills all Web Sites and Windows Programs too, such as password protected Microsoft Word Documents.

KasperSky, is selling their real old version which doesn't work with x64.

Here is the link for Sticky Password site:

http://www.stickypassword.com/

9. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Gotta agree. It also works with iPhone, Android, and Dropbox, so it automatically syncs between your computers and phones.

Finally, while it's still in beta for Windows, it's half-price and can be installed on all the computers you own.

10. Zeena

Zeena Registered Member

Hi :)

Not sure if this has already been suggested before :doubt:
    And... Don't know what browser you use.

But if you're using... Firefox :cool:

There couldn't be anything more simpler and easier to use than... Secure Login :thumb:

Secure Login Firefox Add-On : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4429/#reviews

No Registering - & - No Cloud Stuff ;)

Zeena

11. MerleOne

Actually the sync feature only works with Macs apparently, for PC it's currently lacking (they propose to use a dropbox free account to store the data there and access it from there).

12. InfinityAz

MerleOne,

I've been syncing/using my 1Password data on my Windows notebook, desktop, and Android phone using Dropbox for over a month.

13. aladdin

You can sync all your data between your peripherals using Dropbox, not just 1Password data.

I have been syncing all my RoboForm data, Sticky Password data, Password Depot data and other data between my computers using Dropbox over two years now.

The best thing is to sync is Outlook .pst file.

14. MerleOne

Actually for me it's not "true" sync, unless I am mistaken. Are you saying that you always open the same keyfile that is hosted by dropbox, as described on the publisher website : http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/dropbox_syncing.html

15. aladdin

Yes, and this is nothing new. I have all my data in Drive Z:\Dropbox on all my three laptops and one of my desktop. Any changes made in the data anywhere on any of these four machines by any program, get automatically synced to the other three machines.

Dropbox has nothing to do with 1Password. Dropbox is a cloud service, which syncs between your peripherals. Nothing new here.

You can do the same with your Word documents.

16. InfinityAz

Yes, I always open the same keyfile hosted on Dropbox.

Also, I know that you can sync any files with Dropbox, etc. but 1Password does a live sync with Dropbox on the Android (versus having to manually resync/download the file in Dropbox for other similar apps - didn't explain this well previously).

17. ellison64

Hi ..
    Im now trialing sticky password ,and while I like it overall ,im finding autofill from " Identities" a little inferior to roboform.It doesnt seem to be very U.K friendly ,when filling information in identites.For example theres no COUNTY field only STATE.Also there are no seperate HOUSE number fields ,which seem to cause problems autofilling on many of the U.K sites.Is there a way to customise these fields?
    tia
    ellison

18. aladdin

Hi Ellison,

When it comes to Identities and filling long forms, nothing beats RoboForm. For this reason I use the following three password programs. No one program is perfect and each one fills the gap the other leave.

1. RoboForm
    2. Sticky Password
    3. Password Depot

Maybe, we can make enough noises on RoboForm, so that they can honestly fix the security flaw in RoboForm.

If you are just looking for another Web-based program only and don't mind leaving your sensitive data only in the cloud and not on your computer, then I would suggest LastPass.

https://lastpass.com/

LastPass is free, but you cannot leave your data in your computer. Only in cloud.

19. ellison64

I actually emailed sticky password support about the problem i have and they replied in a matter of minutes and said they are looking to improve the fields section,so that was a good result.Ill have a look at password depot.Like DasFox ,I too prefer a "local" password autofill solution to in the cloud so last pass is out.
    ellison

20. aladdin

Sticky Password support is the excellent. I bought version 3 ages ago. They gave me free upgrades to version 4 and now version 5. They are good people.

Password Depot is a German product. Here is the link for it:

http://www.password-depot.com/

21. aladdin

BTW, both Sticky Password and Password Depot work from your USB drives, which is very nice to carry whenever you go.

22. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Thanks for this one. I am trying it out and like it. Don't know for sure how secure it is. Can anyone comment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.