Anvisoft Smart Defender Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by khanyash, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. pintas

pintas Registered Member

Just tried it. Ran a scan an detected two safe registry keys as malware..... It uses to much memory, although it feels lite. Even using the Pro version it shows ads... nice.

Honestly it gives a feel of a not very good/effective program.
    Don't recommend it.

If you wish, here's a Pro key for you:
    http://www.anvisoft.com/promotions/getasdfree.php

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i don't know but personally i don't see any resemblance in those three. they look totally different gui wise??

4. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

yeah the program itself looks awesome
    but thats the only thing thats good
    i dont recomnend it also there are alot of better programs out there

5. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

EaseUS CleanGenius is rebranded Acebyte
    Going only by the pics you posted, I can't see the "same interface".

6. itman

itman Registered Member

Well, if people feel secure using AV software from a company based in Communist China, go right ahead. Also why don't you just do a broadcast on Twitter of all your personal and financial information.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Dont forget kaspersky is from post-communist russia and it is an excellent product.
    I dont see how a countries political system should influence software decisions.
    Kingsoft is chinese and yet a lot of people on here are using it with positive reviews and feedback.

8. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Keyword "post"-communist Russia. A communist government has complete control of business. It is not unreasonable to be wary of a product with such access to your computer when China is known to have put spyware in such in hardware and software sold in the US, but I won't get into this debate again.

9. Sorry, I don't trust this company. Krebs had a brilliant article on them. Can you say SHADY?

No it's relevant, 51% of a chinese company must be state owned. In russia there is no such law, sure there might be unwritten ones like don't critisize the kremlin but you can own what you like. In china everything goes through the government. The real puppet masters will/and do pull the strings. Sorry i don't want to be apart of a chinese botnet which this software probably does to your PC.

I've tried out there software and there AV is ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ poor. But it did pick up a virus that can only be have known by chinese government workers or officials since it was "I believe" a american sponsored or used malware on myself. It evaded all other AV's but this chinese company saw it, I don't believe kit was just luck, I believe that this chinese owned company had seen this as apart of a APT against them helping them write the signature.

The server is very SHADY that it connects too. A known malware hosting company in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  10. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

11. Brandonn2010

Thanks but with its dangerous false positives, horrendous detection rates, and recent connections to a Chinese hacker, I wouldn't touch this product with a ten foot pole, even if they paid me.

12. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Awful detection rates for this product. See HERE.

13. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

This product is quite nice looking, and very light. I tested it on a snapshot I could roll back on.

I found no false positives on a machine with nearly a terabyte of installed stuff. However it did find one trojan on the machine 4-5 other products were unable to find. It is a trojan, subsequent uploads to Jotti and other engines revealed only 2 products found it as such but it was classified as a trojan. It wasn't an active trojan, merely a file in the temp/download area.

Nevertheless, it is so light I actually wouldn't mind having it as a backup product. But I don't think it would be worth it with the abysmal detection rate unless the proactive/HIPS stuff is good, and it doesn't appear to be stellar there either. Spyshelters test file was able to do everything but 1 thing..

If they 'slightly' improved it, even another 20-30% in detection's, i would run it as a backup to Webroot. I don't fully trust Webroot to snag all of the state sponsored garbage coming out of the USA lately.

14. Brandonn2010

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.