Anvisoft Smart Defender Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by khanyash, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. Alicelost

Alicelost Registered Member

:rolleyes: waiting for the Anvisoft operating system ,

3. DX2

DX2 Guest

detection is ok...i downloaded 10 trojans onto desktop, scanned it with their cloud. Detected 9 out of 10, but gave the option to trust them, which i didn't care for.

4. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

9 out of 10 wild malware is indeed great.

o_O

are you saying it is the Anvisoft checks to trust them?

5. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

While 9/10 is good, that's only 10 samples...

How is it with bugs? False positives? The glaring issues that people had with it? If those have been resolved this could be a very nice free AV, as it is reported to be light. Oh and not to mention the GUI :D

Oh and I forget if it is just an in-house engine or if it has a 3rd-party engine too?

6. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I hear that they have been listening to users but not fixing what they report:thumbd: They consistently have high FPs. They are using inhouse engine.

7. Brandonn2010

I installed it today on my brother's computer alongside Roboscan. It uses 26MB of RAM, which doesn't seem high to me.

I ran a full scan. It took 43 minutes to scan 235K files, and found no false positives, so maybe they have fixed it.

I don't use the computer and my brother is 11 so it would be hard to judge the usability and see if it slows down the computer but it seems like it should be alright. :thumb:

8. Brandonn2010

Just installed it along Avast! on my main PC. Using 19 MB of RAM, compared to Avast!s 14 MB.

Did a full scan. 118GB scanned in 35 minutes. No detections, no false-positives. :thumb:

I'm thinking their earlier false-positive issues have been fixed in 1.5. However, I wish they were tested by some of the independent testers. I don't want to throw malware at it but I'd like to hear how well it fares for some of you.

EDIT: Things seemed fine, except one Chrome process refused to close when I closed Chrome, but that may be unrelated. However, I restarted my computer to see if ASD changed after rebooting. The boot took noticeably longer, not unreasonable, but I noticed a difference. However I still had Avast! installed, so it may have been the same as Avast! if I had it as my only AV. Anyways, I noticed AppGuard was set to Off. I went to change it, but it had no option to change the level of protection. I noticed one of its processes was missing from Task Manager. I also noticed ASD found some registry key as soon as I logged in. I don't remember if it said it was malicious, but I hit allow. But since ASD interfered with AppGuard, I uninstalled it. After rebooting, which was quicker without ASD, AppGuard worked fine.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

11. Brandonn2010

Not surprised they're giving it away :rolleyes: Everything I've read says it's still not up to snuff.

12. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

asd allowed malware to do whatever it wanted to my VM. the only alert i received from asd was for programs adding reg keys to run at boot.

13. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I applied for and received a 1yr pro license. If anybody wants it, you can PM me, as I will never install this on any machine that I use/maintain. :thumbd:

14. Brandonn2010

Considering how light it is and how awesome the GUI is, I hope it improves in detection in the future, but for now it still seems like garbage.

15. Brandonn2010

16. DX2

DX2 Guest

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Don't do it.......Step away from the machine. :p

18. DX2

DX2 Guest

lol, I tried it on a VM. Detection is still bad...:doubt:

19. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

20. Brandonn2010

21. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

22. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Infamous Hacker Heading Chinese Antivirus Firm?

than why not ''Infamous Hacker Heading Webroot Security Firm?''
    http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2005/01/10/story8.html

That article about Anvisoft doesn't prove anything. Just like the Webroot founder and famous hacker Steve Thomas, maybe he turned his hacking skills into something good and decided to make money legally. I believe that the Anvisoft products are not unique since their software interface are pretty similar with IObit Sytem Care or EaseUS CleanGenius. My opinion on this is that behind ANVISOFT is the same team from IObit or all 3 - IObit, Easeus and Anvisoft use or share the same code to re-brand their software. Same interface, cloud integration, functions.... just different names.

zgcgbxcb.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  23. Brandonn2010

1. I believe the article said he has not given up hacking.

2. IOBit has no connection to AnviSoft. It was speculated AnviSoft was connected to IOBit but they both denied that.

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

EaseUS is pretty good company and i wouldn't mix it up with anyone else.

25. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

The article is just full of assumptions, ''perhaps'' or ''maybe's'' and even the author says it:

I don't care about ANVSOFT, IObit and so on. But like everything in real life I think ANVSOFT has the sake right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. I've seen a lot of who is records outdated and a gmail address name can be enough to condemn them.

I also unmasked the spammers behind Unthreat Antivirus but I had proves. The new company behind Unthreat is a very shady one that offers modified open source software bundled with adware. Is the same very company behind thew Shareaza stolen domain story, Bearshare story...etc but like I said I had strong evidence, not only who is records or emails.

I don't want to be rude but what if I register an email address like hitlerhacking @ gmail.com; what does' it mean? I'm related to Hitler the next day? I'm a dangerous hacker with nazi thoughts and I should be closed for life? Don't know folks, but I can't condemn anyone just because his mail address and his who is record ''sound'' related to an infamous hacker.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.