Anvi Smart Defender Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I remind you that ASD is an antimalware product, like MBAM and the others. The (ASD beta) test results should be ignored, as it did not have database updates. The newly released RC does though. :)

2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

It would be interesting to see how it does when run alongside another AV.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Heyy,

It was just a rightclick scan results on 257 0day malware. And I noticed that it gives popups like HIPS like so & so registry is trying to do this & all. So I guess If you like this HIPS like feature then you may give it a try. I didn't tested the execution of malware coz it gives many alerts. At the restart of my system I got 5 alerts & I dont know what were they but I guess they were for my home wifi. Due to the many alerts nature I didn't give it a try for maware execution test coz I didn't find it alerts easy & helpful from the viewpoint of normal users.

4. khanyash

I tested RC.

But it was just a rightclick scan.

It gives alerts like HIPS & I didn't find the alerts easy & helpful from normal users viewpoint so didn't tested execution of malware.

Experts may find the products good. But as its new & not a released version it has still a long way to go with detection & all.

5. Scott W

Scott W Registered Member

Naren, did you not say in another post (re Anvi SD) "very poor malware detection"?

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

It is also buggy I think. I tried it and it took over right clicking an admin using to launch programs? normal clicking on programs run fine but trying to run a program using admin privillage through right clicking opens Anvi scan of the program and does not allow the program to open. Its aggressive but the only good part maybe the cleaning tool it has?

7. Scott W

Sure it's buggy, I'd expect that in a beta, but I wouldn't have expected poor malware detection!

8. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Complaining won't do us any good. :) The product is only a month old, lend them a hand. ;)

9. khanyash

If I remember correctly that was the beta I tested & it didn't do well.

But given the beta status I should have been less harsh on the product.

But it seems a promising product. And needs a lots of improvements.

And dont just decide on any products based solely on my tests. They are simple personal tests which I do for myself & share the results in the forums I am a member. But now I am planning to do tests in a more professional way. So now tests may be few as it needs lots of time but will be better.

Thanx
    Naren

10. Markbyte

Markbyte Registered Member

11. Brandonn2010

12. Markbyte

Markbyte Registered Member

The newest update on my computer is as follows and I plan to test its detection rate later. It seems they improved much and keep updating:)

Attached Files:

13. simisg

simisg Registered Member

some serious conflicts with online game and mse
    i don't know why but windows 7 32 bit freeze on a game

14. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

Is any Info available for the Final Version Release Date

15. Scott W

Based on my (brief) testing, malware detection & removal seems to be much improved in RC2.

You have to be very careful with the Optimize function - it's very aggressive!

16. taleblou

Hi:
    does anyone know if the righ-click hijacking is fixed on RC2 or not? When I tested beta it seemed when I tried to right-click using mouse the scanner starts and scans the file and will not allow to open by right-cliking. So if it is fixed then please let me know and I try it again. Thanks in advnace.

17. Scott W

Hi taleblou,

It's working fine here (if I understand what you meant).

Scott

18. taleblou

Hi:

Nope it seems the right clicking a file and choosing "run as administer" starts a scan by ANVI. SO the problem is there. Simply right-click run admin will not allow you to open a file in admin and ANVI takes over. I tried it and suggest you test it too. This bug must be fixed.

19. taleblou

Hi:

Another bug I found. It seems anvi stops malwarebyte from scanning through right clicking or open it. I tried to scan my USB flash with malwarebyte but the pc froze, so I had to manually shut it down and reboot and then turned anvi off and malwarebyte worked normally. So it seems there are compatibility issues between anvi and some softwares. Anyway I did not tried other softwares to see and had to get rid of ANVI by turning to a good snapshot.

20. Scott W

Hmm, it's working ok here (but I'm on WinXP, so I don't have that 'run as admin' issue)! Have you reported it?

Scott

21. taleblou

hi:

Yes I have posted at their forum and they will look into it.

22. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

final version of ASD will be released at the end of march:thumb:
    with new features;)

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I downloaded RC2. Good news --- installation of ASD does NOT require a restart!!! Ergo, I was able to test ASD using Shadow Defender -- thus, no after-test clean-up problem. When I finished testing ASD, I simply rebooted and Poof! my installation of ASD was wiped clean, as though it had never happened.

I ran ASD alongside of Private FW & Avira Premium. No conflicts. As some previous posts have noted, ASD runs very light (my computer is XP sp3). CPU time is waay low. I/O is much lower than other AVs I have run. I didn't test its detection.

Bottom Line: I eagerly await ASD's release version, & ensuing Wilders comments. As it stands now, I am an ASD fan-boy-in-waiting. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

24. Brandonn2010

Given that most free AVs score in the 90's, I think system impact will become much more important, and it sounds like ASD is doing very well in that aspect.

25. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i hope realtime protection will contain cloud scanning as well.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.