Antivirus test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chaos16, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I am just curious.

Wat other famous award/test/certificats for antivirus are there.

like Vbulletin 100% award. and they tell u how good the products.

and ICSA.

wat other ones are thereo_O

I get so pissed of like look at download.com Norton antivirus 2005 has a better review than Kaspersky antivirus 5.0.

Kaspersky should have the best review ontop of any other antivirus.

Thats another reason why maybe ppl get norton antivirus not only coz it the most sold but coz they put good reviewso_O and its C**P!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if u see the complet download u will see norton as way more download then any other. i just wish that ppl will get the right information and change to KAV if i could only advert it like wat firefox does.

If Kaspersky gets the really good reviews it deserves in famous sites like download.com tucow.com etc.... more ppl will try it out that would mean more ppl would use it hence buy it.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

3. Firecat

What you say about reviews is right. KAV should be reviewed and ADVERTISED more. But GDATA AVK has a bigger download size than Norton, but then it has 2 engines...

4. chaos16

Well if anyone uses KAV and can advertise it it would be appreciated :D

Think about it if KAV is used by more it mean that more bug reports, viruses/trojans/worms/spyware etc... reports. hence that mean a better product.

If KAV could sell as good as norton.

5. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

the worst thing with these 'test' in magazines etc that u will often find a coupon or click here link that says 'click here to get 10% off norton blahblah' - its clearly sponsored (bribed)

http://www.virus.gr and http://www.av-comparatives.org/ are much better places to look for proper tests

6. Firecat

Or even our resident tester Firefighter...

7. Firecat

Y'know...this year Norton's sales dropped some one percent which was taken by McAfee...

8. chaos16

well KAV can do the same??

But i know wat is the problem that KAV is not so widley and well known so ppl just think well as norton is the most common and most used around the world that might mean its the best and they are wrong.

I just want the msg out that KAV has the best detection and removel out there.
    Its faster than norton plus it has a way better detection rate.

Look wat firefox is doing (Spread firefox)
    ppl put it on there sites and they try and adverties it around the world. Well ppl can do the same but with KAV.

9. Firecat

Y'know the best thing would be to advertise KAV through ISPs which can show real-world details of viruses KAV caught which NAV did not...As ISPs constantly recieve virii they are the best to advertise an Anti-Virus.

10. chaos16

and on;y compare KAV to norton but KAV to all the antiviruses.

someone should start a help spread Kaspersky.

The best thing i can do is recommend it to my friends and family plus forums but thats it. other ppl can recomment it from there sites olus other sites etc...
    I want this because as i use KAV i want it to be better so i want more ppl buying it :D

and ok mcafee has got 1% in there buyers but i want that for KAV :(

11. Firecat

I thought KAV is as good as it gets anyway?

Anyhow, ISPs (and we too) can advertise how fast KAV added detection of a rapidly spreading virus (usually its within 3 hours) and others took 1 day one week etc.

12. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

looking at kaspersky internet security 2006 it seems pretty clear that they are now aiming for the masses. hopefully they wont alienate the hardcore fanbase

13. Firecat

I guess Personal Pro will be for the hardcore crowd, or maybe:

KAV Hardcore Edition 2006
    KAV Extreme Edition 2006
    Kaspersky Anti-VirusFX 2006
    Kaspersky Overwatch 2006

:D:D:D

14. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

oh id love the hardcore version :D

15. chaos16

I will tell u the advantages that KAV has over all the other antiviruses.

Updates hourly.
    Has the best detection rate than any other antivirus
    Has the best removel.
    Its ok in the resources its not a resource hog. Its fairly fast.
    Its a stable program.

don't know wat else lol.

But the most important thing for a antivirus is detection and removel and KAV has that.

16. Firecat

"Dont know wat else lol"

-IT HAS QUALITY!!!!!

17. chaos16

u know download.com has spywarecenter and it has the recommended antispyware programs well if they have it for antiviruses and they put KAV review 5 out of 5 (5/5) or 10 out of 10 (10/10)
    Loads of ppl would use KAV.

If lets say msn.co.uk and msn.com would advertise the best antivirus of the month or year we all know that is KAV well i bet u anything load and i mean load of ppl would change to KAV.

And u know the antiviruses that microsoft advises well if they advise KAV as well that would mean more uses for KAV.

The problem is that ppl are so easily seduced

18. Firecat

Ya that's exactly the problem...But you know, Trend Micro (PC-cillin) increased their sales 7% over the last year and I have no idea how they did it.

BTW, chaos16, how old are you? Just curious....:)

19. chaos16

look at microsoft for example when they released Microsoft antispyware the advised it every were.
    msn.co.uk, msn.com, cnet.com, and many more.

20. Firecat

'MSN' stands for 'MicroSoft Network' no wonder they'd advise it!

21. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

i can tell u why trend micro is selling more. they have started doing like norton, and pays magazines etc to make their product top choice. i have seen 2 pc mags here in norway where that has been the case, with the compulsory 'use this coupon to get 10% off buying trend micro'

22. Firecat

Darn...Corruption everywhere...Why cant anyone be honest? I remember a magazine which said:

"When it comes to PC security, you can bet your life on solutions from Symantec and McAfee"

I hate that magazine.

23. polaris

polaris Guest

I think we should blame KAV marketing guys for not doing his job.....

24. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Don't forget that the KAV engine is marketed as part of several dual/multi engine AVs and is also sold under various brand names both online and through a number of large discount retail stores - so KAV is actually in more widespread use than only the Kaspersky brand antivirus.

25. Im in Australia and I dont think many Australians actually use or indeed know about KAV or anything Russian for that matter lol due to lack of marketing. Russian products dont have a good reputation here due to things like the old LADA automobiles imported from the former USSR which people said were not of a good standard. Of course we have our own home grown VET which I dont know much about because they dont seem to do any marketing either maybe someone could tell us how good or bad VET is. The best known brand here is Norton because it is preinstalled on new pc's everyone seems to have it. I have a key for KAV 5 but it slows my PIII 450MHZ 256RAM with XP Home down just a little bit but not much so I have to use AntiVir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.