antivirus & spyware ?????

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yvesj, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

window 98 dailup
    i have a old window 98 and also xp now my old 98 is way to slow i did have norton instal in it but it is so slow it take a minute for a page to pop up so i did i uninstalled norton and i inatalled
    ad-awware.se
    spywareblaster
    avg.7.5.432
    then i did a scan with ad-aware.se found 126 higth risk so i did quarantine them
    then i did a scan with avg.7.5.432 but he did not detecte anything
    now i did not gain any speed so is there a way to clean that old 98 completly and start from scrash again
    i use to pay to get it clean at a cust of 45.00 when ever it was going to slow
    but i am looking in google and i see all kind of download to fix it
    now what i was thinking is to uninatall 98 and install it back so ths way i be starting fresh o_Oo_O what do you thing if i deceide to do that do i have to uninstall all the antivirus and spyware o_O??
    and i will have install the new 98 version before i uninstall the old oneo_O
    yvesj

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

best way is to format.

if u dont want to go to that extreme, uninstall any unnecessary software, delete unnecessary startup items, and run ccleaner to clean the disk and registry.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Install Ccleaner and run it. Then do a defrag.

4. pipester

pipester Guest

5. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you
    i did run the c cleaner in it and it all clean now i did gain some speed but not that much i also uninstall ad-aware.se just to see if i will be gaining speed but it did not so i install it back so i guess it about all i cant do i thing the best way it to take back to the guy and get it clean right out i dont know o_O? because when this guy clean my pc it really fast what he doing i dont know well for 45.00 he as to do some think all i want to do here is to buy a rooter and run the 98 and the xp at the same time i am on dailup and we are 3 users so the xp is my pc but i get kick out of it so they go chat so am fedup with that if i could fix that old 98 i dont really care about buying a rooter to get the peice on my computer
    one more thing do you think it will be time to run the c cleaner on my brand new xp what do you think o_O??all i have to do is downloadind it and use it some time i dont know o_O??because i did check the xp and there is a page 1/2 of stuff store it in there all the stuff i do not use any more so i dont know
    let me know as for the 98 i did 2 scan today and nothing fond so that it for that it all clean i guess
    yvesjo_O

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what scans have you done?
    have you done a scan with superantispyware?
    i think it would be best to do a full reinstall of the windows 98 pc.
    link in my sig.
    lodore

7. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

i did a scan with[ AD-WARE.SE] AND[ AVG 7.5.432.861 ]
    now if i do reinstal 98 do i have to uninstal the one i have in now BEFORE OR AFTER I DOWNLOAD THE NEW 98
    and also do i will loose averything what i do have in now and start new
    also i will have to call my dailup supplyer to connect me again o_O? i thing this will be the best way to get it clean rigth out uninstall it and reinstall it
    because if i remember rigth we did have to call dailup supplyer avery time i get it clean out so by doing this reinstall 98 is the speed be the same as my xp o_O? because my xp is really fast for dailup 8 second to 50 for the same page for 98 so it more then 5 time slower then the xp i dont know if am suppose to get the same speed you know more then i do
    ho yes if i uninstall 98 first how i be able to install the new 98 because i will not have a page opening o_O? i dont know i never done this before o_O?
    let me know so i will go to google and find the uninstall and the reinstall
    rigth now i dont have anything to loose
    yvesjo_O

8. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

ok i just did go to google and what i fond is this
    HOW TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS 98 UPGRADE IN WINDOWS
    ONCE COMPLITED YOUR COMPUTER WILL RESTART AND BOOT TO PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED OPERATING PROGRAM
    is this what i have to do
    yvesj

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u can only uninstall windows if u upgraded from a previous version.

otherwise u should format the disk (or partition) and then do a fresh install of Windows 98.

10. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank
    well i cant not uninstall 98 because it not on the list all it show is
    MICROSOFT- INTERNET EXPLORER 6 AND INTERNET TOOLS
    NEXT LINE
    MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000 PREMIUM this is the only 2 showing under microsoft
    but i do not see windows 98 or maybe the guy put that in the last time he clean my pc all i know windows 98 do not show there
    yvesjo_O

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you need to do a fresh install using the windows 98 installation cd.
    get all the data you need off it first.
    im trying to find yo a windows 98 install guide.
    windows 98 is harder to install since you need to format the drive in dos first before installing windows 98.
    i cant seem to find a windows 98 install guide on the winsupersite odd.
    lodore

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

thank you i cant not use a CD because i do not have CD-RUM in my computer
    you see that computer was gaving to me from the school for my grandson and they dont install cd-rum in it because they dont need it at school
    so yesterday what i did is i upgrade microsoft to o_O? i cant not tell you know because am on xp now but i cant tell you is i gain speed after that i did cut haft the time it use to take me for the same page so it not that bad now i am going to hook it up later and see what i cant delete in it yesterday i did put in 4 securety from microsoft wish i do not need because i have
    the ad-aware.se avg 7.5.432.861 spywareblaster so i do not need the 4 securety i put in yesterday i will remove them and see maybe i will gain more speed o_O? am going to check google to find upgrade to xp it really hard with out a cd well am not buying a cd-rum for that old cp ho by the way am not on 98 any more because the upgrade was not supply in 98 i will tell you later what i upgrade to when i get to the old 98
    yvesj

14. yvesj

yvesj Registered Member

i did check on google and all the download are done with a cd so with out a cd-rom am done with this so i will thank you all you guy for the good help i receive here have a nice day
    yvesj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.