Antivirus protection is currently disabled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

In the last 3 years, 90% of the viruses that did actual damage on my LAN came from my network Admins.

One feature I liked about Nod32 2.7 was that the realtime file scanner could be set so that it could not be disabled.

3.0 has on the right click option "Disable antivirus..." My network admins are disabling Nod32. They know the admin password.

Is there a way to make Nod32 3.0 behave more like 2.7 and not offer that option?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you mention password are you meaning OS password or Nod32 settings password ?

If it's the OS Admin password, I would suggest the Nod32 settings password. However, what good does that do if they have the OS Admin password with free access to the registry and file system :doubt:

Bubba

3. edwin3333

It's the NOD32 password.

With 2.7, they never disabled the antivirus software even with admin. Nod 3.0 makes it very easy. I want to make it hard like with 2.7, even with Nod password.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you enable password protection in v3, you're rompted to enter the password even if you attempt to disable the real-time protection or adjust its configuration.

5. edwin3333

Well, I guess I am wrong. You can easily disable amon in 2.7. I guess I just didn't realize it. I think perhaps the new RA is giving me information about it being disabled whereas the old RA didn't show this?

Thanks!!!

Is there a way from the RA to re-enable it remotely?:shifty: We have a ton of remote servers with no support staff. We had a power outage and some PC's didn't start up Nod correctly. Simply clicking START on the GUI got it going. While we have VNC remote control to most locations, there are perhaps 100 machines we do not have any remote control abilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.