Antivirus interface(s) [Opinion]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dan_maran, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I am using Avira Suite and like the interface fairly well. Liked NO32's options but the interface is not as easy to navigate and use. Bullguard 7 has a great interface IMO. Again just speaking of interface and not much else about other qualities of the product.

Gary

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

F-Secure has my favorite design.

Am not using it anymore cus of the ad-aware engine wich i think saks and the av lack of anti dialers according to avcomparitives results. Dang shame. Weird since it uses kav engine o_O

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm a NOD user, but I'd have to go with BitDefender here as it has a better interface.

4. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

This thread has impressed me I was afraid it would falter and be viewed as a spam post.

As stated in the first post I feel the interface is a major component of any AV, and with the replies here from users I am happy to find out that I am not the only one whom heavily weighs the interface of a program.

Some of the answers here I see are to the effect of "I don't like the interface but ......"

I relate that to buying a vehicle you don't enjoy driving, but it gets good milage.
    I want to enjoy my vehicle, which would make me feel I am getting the most out of my money.

5. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I like the AOL AVS Interface which is mostly like KAV's. And I like Antivir's too. But this is coming from someone who has always liked AVG's Interface, both 7.1 and especially 7.5.

6. [DSLR]poppster

[DSLR]poppster Registered Member

KAV/KIS has a pretty good GUI, I don't use it, but I like their interface. As far as the worst, I would say the standard Avast..don't get me wrong, it's a great program, but I hate the initial GUI...

I'm using AntiVir, it's pretty decent, but not the best.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it now uses avp extended databases in the 2007 version.
    which is the kaspersky extended databases.
    lodore

8. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

My votes for best interfaces go for:

Nod32 2.7 (no eye candy, but when knowing it, VERY logic built up)
    KAV 6 (Easy to have an overall view of, very clean and nice looking, logic to)
    NAV07 (Easy to have an overall view of, very clean and nice looking, logic to)

9. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

nod32 has the best interface. It is concise, well laid out, and easy to access different modules and configure them.

Antivir has a nice options interface however, and it will come in second place for me.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

10. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I'll go with AntiVir PE Premium. I can whiz through my personal configuration in seconds! :thumb: to Eset's NOD32 for allowing the end user to truly fine tune the program.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you can fine tune kaspersky as well thou.
    lodore

12. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

but surely, all this fine tuning?

an antivirus should be install, and let it do its job..... for most of the population in the world, people want easy but effective protection, not a pain in the butt to find all these settings (especially nod)

add nortons friendly interface in 2007 and the no settings to change,fantastic detection rates, you can see why norton sells so highly.

13. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I agree with you on that CSJ NAV07 is easy to understand for the everyday user, another interface that could be excellent is Ashampoo AV.

It is important for users to be able to understand an interface and be able to use it if need be.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i think it the default settings is fine for the average user like nod and kaspersky are. and tweakable for more advanced users aka kaspersky and nod32.
    lodore

15. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

AVAST! best interface !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.