Antivirus and App Whitelisting

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprocket

Sprocket Registered Member

Something's not right. I went to the start of this thread, and clicked on SecureAge's beta invitation link. At the top of the page is a link to their company website, and the link address is this:

hxxp://192.168.0.105/site/secureage/index.jsp. (hxxp was, of course, http.)

That's a private (LAN) address.

I assume whoever coded their site was sloppy (the link, of course, didn't work), but in my book, web links pointing to private addresses raise question marks.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Sprocket, it seems that way, since http://www.secureage.com does work.

Also, that page it's separate from their main site, perhaps used for email purposes. :doubt:

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

It seems to take a while for the whitelisting, but it doesn't have such a large performance impact though while it's doing that.

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Sprocket, thank you so much for pointing that out :thumb: This is actually our staging server for testing the website before uploading live. The mistake has been rectified and it is now directed to the right URL.

Yes, you are right to say that we are 'sloppy'. We will be more meticulous and do a better QA from now onwards.

Please let us know if we have made anymore blunder :)

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi KelvinW4, it is great to hear that it doesn't have such a large performance impact :) We had done several testings to ensure that background whitelisting process does not disrupt the users' daily routine work on the computer. Yes, you are right to say that whitelisting do take a while and we are still working hard to find ways to improve it. A few beta testers do share the same view. But for security reason, we really need to whitelist the entire hard disk to ensure a more robust protection.

Let's see what we can do. If you have any suggestion, please feel free to post ;)

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

VS takes a snaphot of the system.....can't you do the same thing?

7. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Siketa, welcome back :)

It is already in our pipeline to take a snapshot but it may not be the same as how VS do it.

By the way, we have just released a new beta version 1.0.30 but only with very minor bugs fixes and enhancements. Some of the enhancements which I talk about earlier on will not be in this latest release.

8. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Guys, thank you for your valuable feedback so far. Our beta program is coming to an end soon and we will not be coming out with any more beta version. Please watch out for our upcoming soft launch of SecureAPlus Freemium ;)

Cheers!

9. siketa

siketa Registered Member

That's great, sinlam!
    I will be able to try it after my summer vacation ends...
    :thumb:

10. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Guys, in preparation for the soft launch of SecureAPlus, we will be changing the website tomorrow. You will see a completely new facelift! :D
    Don't worry, you can still access the beta portal by clicking on the "Beta Login" portal at the top-right corner of the website.

As a token of our appreciation, we will be giving one free perpetual user license to all the beta testers. Details on how to get your free perpetual license will be announced tomorrow in SecureAge Beta Forum.

Please note that we will be closing the registration for the beta testers tomorrow. Any new registration today will not be entitled to the free perpetual user license. If you have any query, please feel free to post in this forum or SecureAge Beta Forum.

Cheers :D

11. KelvinW4

Thanks, it is definitely a great product you made!

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you so much for your compliment. It means a lot to us ;)

13. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

The Soft Launch of SecureAPlus

Hi Guys, today is an exciting day for our entire SecureAPlus Team. We have finally launched SecureAPlus Freemium ;)

To all SecureAPlus beta testers, please login to SecureAge Beta Portal to find out how you can convert your existing beta software to a free perpetual user license. We will also provide other perks as a token of our appreciation. More details will be emailed to you tomorrow.

If you are a non-beta testers, you can download SecureAPlus Freemium at https://secureaplus.secureage.com. It comes with a one-year free user license. Simply join the referral program to extend the user license. You may even stand a chance to get a perpetual user license for free :D

If you have any question or suggestion on how to further improve SecureAPlus, please feel free to post it here or at SecureAPlus Forum.

Cheers!

14. KelvinW4

Re: The Soft Launch of SecureAPlus

Congrats! :D :thumb:

15. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Re: The Soft Launch of SecureAPlus

Thanks :D Do feel free to give us more feedback on this Freemium version ;)

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Congratulations, guys!
    :thumb:

17. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Siketa, Hope you had a wonderful summer vacation :D Thank you so much for your well wishes. Please continue to give us your valuable feedback. We will try our best to deliver as much as possible :D

18. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Hehehe ....thanks! :)
    Since I'm still on summer vacation, I will be able to test final version in 3 weeks from now.
    But I also don't doubt you guys made great job...;)

19. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Seems the whitelisting process have improved. Previously it took app 45-50 mins on this system, the released version on the same system took app 15-20 mins.

Got my perpetual licence.

20. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Hmmmm...it never took that long on my system...
    Glad to hear it is improving!

21. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi narenbisht, it is definitely good to know that the whitelisting process has improved :) Keep your comments coming so that we can improve it further. :D

22. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

SecureAPlus Freemium

Hi Guys,

We will be sending an email to all SecureAPlus Beta Testers shortly on the rewards that you will be receiving from us. Although it is nothing much, it is just a form of expressing our utmost gratitude to all of you for testing SecureAPlus and giving us valuable comments. Please don't forget to convert your existing beta version to a perpetual user license :)

For those who are not beta testers, you can visit secureaplus.secureage.com to download a copy of SecureAPlus Freemium. It comes with one year free license and you can join the referral program to ultimately earn a free perpetual user license!

Cheers :D

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Re: SecureAPlus Freemium

Hi Guys, I have just created a new thread "SecureAPlus Freemium". Feel free to post your comments there. :) Thanks Siketa for your great suggestion :thumb: ;)

24. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

After whitelist completes, system restart is required or not?

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Don't have to restart the system :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.