AntiVir won't be so ugly anymore! :D

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Attached Files:

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Screenshot 2:

Attached Files:

3. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Great work RejZor :)
    Thanks a lot !
    Does it work with Windows 2000 too ?

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sorry,only Windows Xp,because this pack relies on Windows XP Themes to enhance AntiVir look.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

RejZoR, why are you giving a lot attention to AntiVir? ;)

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not actually :p But i found it interesting. Especially its heuristics.
    I use web based mail so i don't need mail scanner(POP3) anymore so i give AntiVir a try. Autoupdates have been temporarely fixed with Windows Task Scheduler and visuals with upper pack ;)

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nice... ;)

8. Isnt the main problem with AntiVir the lack of an unpacking engine not its appearance?

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

RejZoR isn't a developer of AntiVir, he only make a patch to improve the interface of AntiVir...

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

RejZoR,

can you put the link for this "Enhancer" in your website?

Thanks

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm,i'll think about it. I found some minor errors in Configuration menu where everything became very ugly after swtiching few tabs.

12. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

OK,

Thanks

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad:

My opinion of AntiVir/Pe (Internet Updater) by now is most likley well known. If any one wants to: Look at the English section of the AntiVir BB (Jacko can't stand the heat & Solution).

This may be well for XP, but how about the other operating formats?

Some how I think that HBEDV may still have a long way to go.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :mad: :( :doubt:

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Which thread of that BB's English-language section are you referring to?

Jacko is quite able to deal, IMHO. Why cast aspersions on a volunteer Mod? o_O

15. wildman

:rolleyes:

One must know that I used to be a big supporter of AntiVir/PE. I thought they would continue to make improvements to the service and product. This sadly has not been the case.

Once upon a time HBEDV had a news bulletin for AntiVir/PE, they cancelled it and never brought it back, even though quiet a few asked for it.

It took a long time for them to get around to making any attempt to resolve the download situation, and then they come up with that piece of CRAP (Internet Downloader).

Any time one seemed to complain, one got the reply to not complain, after all this was FREE. Jacko was one to pass this advice along, and appeared to be come pissed if one did not go along with his suggestion.

I got tired of the same old song and dance routine, and am determined to let others know what the history has been.

I also found out that there are other FREE protection programs that are much easier to use and maintain.

My post on the AntiVir BB are under the English section under general questions, the threads are (1) a solution 29:07:2004 and (2) Jacko can't stand the heat 31:07:2004

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  16. Whats wrong with the AntiVir updater? At least it updates and installs new versions automatically unlike KAV.

17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Good question, Peter. Answer: There's nothing wrong with it. It works smooth as silk for me. Waaay better than EZ AV, for instance.

Umm.. I just wonder how many readers are getting newsletters from their AV outfits. Perhaps some are, but not all I'll wager. I have 3 AV programs that I PAID for, & not one of them sends me a newsletter.

English isn't Jacko's first language. His sense of humor can be ascerbic. He has little patience with whine-a-babies. However, every time I have asked him a technical question, he has helped me.

Jacko is an amateur. I don't mean that he is UN-professional. He really knows his stuff. By amatuer {from amat, the Latin word for love} I mean that Jacko does what he does for the love of doing it. He isn't an employee of H+BEDV. He isn't paid. None of the forum mods are paid.

Finally, I think any AV deserves to be judged based mainly on objective facts, such as how it scores in actual tests and usage -- NOT on whether or not newsletters & other frills are offered, much less on whether the forum mods kow-tow in a sufficiently humble and obsequious manner.

As an antivirus, it seems to me that AVPE's recent scores are pretty good, & getting better.

18. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

19. wildman

:rolleyes:

Let me bottom line it for you! I realy don't give a DAMN what HBEDV does!, but don't try and sell me, that they are on a par with any other FREE protection program, as far a ease of use is conserned, and don't try to sell me that they give a damn about what the users of AntiVir\PE think.

VaMPiRiC CRoW has it correct when he says their update abilities are SH*T!. they have been for a long time, and it appears as if they do not have the ability to compete with the other FREE repeat FREE protection programs in this area.

My point on the previous post was to indicate that HBEDV appears to not give a DAMN about what the users of AntiVir/PE think!, or lacks the ability to do anything about it.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :ninja:

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Total agree with you!
    I don't like to talk against the wall...

21. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

The old adage; You get what you pay for, sums it all up nicely.

22. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

AntiVir may not be as good as commercial AVs, but it's much better than it used to be. Just look at the Rokop results with AntiVir vs. Avast.

Of course, it still has a big fat false positive problem, so I would not recommend it for now...

23. noone

noone Guest

Off topic now, but FWIW they have decided to put an incremental updater on their todo list, according to jacko. I assume that would require their update system to be entirely revamped...

24. I like AntiVir and will go back to it when my KAV 5 key expires. Granted its update is not perfect, I like the AVAST definition update which gives an audio message but I repeat take a look at the KAV update, yes its every hour for definitions but still no word if they will automate their version update. One of their spokesman said on another board that they release version patches if they can so you dont have to download the whole version but even the patches are not automatic download.

25. wildman

:eek:
    flyfran111:

You may be correct! You pay nothing, and with AntiVir/PE's update capeabilities, that's what you get (NOTHING).

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cool: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.