antivir update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by waters, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

I have antivir 7.My firewall shows 3 processes accessing internet.Updater,guard and control centre.If i stop access to guard ,it stops working,but i can still update.Why do all 3 constantly access internet.By stoping guard access ,.it only connects when i ask it to.If i enable guard all 3 are allways accessing internet.
    Thanks

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If you look closely they access only IP 127.0.0.1. This is localhost addresss that never actually goes from your machine. AntiVir is known to use TCP/IP protocol to communicate between its components. avast! for example uses DCOM instead TCP/IP. Another known app that uses same method as AntiVir is ATi Catalyst Control Center. It's not so uncommon, but some firewalls still warn you about it though...

3. waters

waters Registered Member

Thanks.I have allowed control centre and updater only internet access.I can update and guard is working.Firewall is now showing they are only accessing internet as i update and no longer does any show it is accessing the internet .
    after update finished.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.