Antivir still rises to the top.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

This is very true. I feel that Antivir has seen since and is working hard to make this nodule as good as the rest of the product. The end product will look better then what we are currently seeing. But having a firewall that,"works" is of high priority.

2. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Beta testing of Antivir+Firewall suddenly ended? Can no longer access the beta forums, and found a page stating that the testing was terminated. I guess I don't understand, as there was 'more updates' / features coming and they will need to be tested I would think.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061004 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006100404 [cairo]

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

it is working fine for me.

4. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

thanks for the info, I still can't get in using IE or Firefox. Have disabled the Antivir AV and Outpost .. still get 404's.

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at betatest.avira.com.

Maybe my ISP has blocked it ? or I've been banned from the beta-site for some reason... who knows.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061004 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006100404 [cairo]

EDIT: Earthlink had me rename my 'Host' file - and restart - now its working. There is nothing in my Host file other than the normal local host entry. I would rather suspect the restart reset something with my ISP.

Weird!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it works me now as well

6. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.