AntiVir PP 6 Evaluation Link, legit for Americans?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by coldplay, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

Haven't done anything yet. I guess it's the Anti Virus PesonalEdition Premium I need, right?

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

yep :)

3. Riverrun

Folks, success! Thanks for the help. I don't think that I would have figured out that it's as simple as pointing at the key file unless you lot had helped.

Thank you all so much!

By the way, Coldplay's configuration came in really handy.

4. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

glad that I helped

5. Riverrun

It sure did!

It pays to keep in touch with Wilders. I'm on a steep learning curve as you probably know...but my enthusiasm hasn't wavered in spite of all my shortcomings and a few rookie mistakes.

I now have 10 layers of realtime-protection that fit together nicely and it's all down to things I've learned here and the tremendous support that I've received from my fellow members.

I have a number of on-demand, anti-spyware scanners and the option for real time protection, should that be necessary.

I have Kaspersky online scan which I can run whenever I want and which compliments Avira nicely.

Since I've been using Sandboxie, nothing whatsoever gets through.

I wish I could use PowerShadow on my main computer, such an elegant program. I tried it but unfortunately it didn't suit my laptop.

I've been busy in the past hour downloading Avria Premium onto my other laptop and it went really well. It's scanning now.

Avira suits me down to the ground, it's light and doesn't sulk if you need to turn it off for some reason.

Cheers all and thanks again.

6. Riverrun

You know what, there were a number of files in Quarantine, two to be exact, in the Avira Anti-Vir classic edition which I uninstalled to make way for the Premium version and it looks like these files went along with it. I'm pretty sure I ought to have restored them first because the thing is, I'm almost certain that they were false positives.

A bad mistake; I hope it doesn't have drastic consequences.

7. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thank you for posting it.
    Really I've been waiting ages for a chance to try this Premium version! ;)

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

6 months free, its always good to see an offer like this from any company. :)

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sure is a nice offer.
    i have seen two kaspersky free six month license free with mags in the past.
    lodore

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I just saw this thread and got it. So, the deadline is not April 4. I'm glad I read to check Quarantine. I have never heard of an AV deleting quarantine when it is uninstalled so I would not have expected Avira to do that.

It is a really nice offer!

Is there any way to copy exceptions? I have had a real hassle getting all the exceptions listed and I still cannot get one program that has several different paths to it so all is in exceptions. Avira drives me nuts alerting on it anytime I do a search for files or go into my Downloaded Programs folder. I don't want to have to try and figure out all those paths for all my programs that Avira says are viruses and not a single other AV has ever alerted and are not viruses. The one thing I don't like about Avira is how difficult it is to get things into the exceptions lists for both Guard and Scanner.

11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

It was stated in the Magazine:
    Bitte beachten Sie: Der Registrierungs-Link ist nur bis zum 4.4.2007 erreichbar!
    (Please note: The link is only available till 4.4.2007)

Gerard

12. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, I got the email and the license so I guess it was extended.

13. Riverrun

I'm sure you're right, Mele. I'm not worried about it as I'm quite familiar with German efficiency and attention to detail and I know that an experienced and reputable company like Avira wouldn't overlook an important consideration like that.
    I have to say that it's working really nicely for me. I've gone with Cold's configuration everything is hunky-dory. It's a real nice offer and though It's early days, I may well stick with Avira Premium at the end of the trial or even upgrade to the Suite.

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It is still on the site, so I assume it is still good. I sent the info to a friend this AM. I might add, that it is really running well for me.

Regards,
    Jerry

15. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

Thanks for the notice of this offer - I could not believe that they were offerring 6 months, when a few weeks ago I had to jump through hoops to get a 30 day demo license... It's a good sign from a company to do this.

I got my license key today (on the 10th, so offer extended quite a bit). Haven't installed it yet. I have been using Avira Classic on and off, but came up against the dreaded update failures, which I was getting with the demo of Premium some weeks ago. I have logged a service request with my ISP, which uses a silent proxy, to have Avira's update servers excluded from their caching - this might fix the update issues.

I would very much like to give Avira a serious shot. I gave Eset's Security Suite a run on the weekend, but it's still way too buggy for me. Need something a lot more stable - perhaps Avira will be it.

16. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

So far it has been stable for me. Twice the icon did not appear in the tray, although the guard was running. At the suggestion of the AntiVir forum folks,
    I uninstalled Snoopfree, and UnHack Me. The problem has not surfaced since then.
    Although they recommended I uninstall AVGAS, SuperAntiSpyware, and Win Patrol, also for a test, I only uninstalled the two mentioned above. I disabled AVGAS and SAS and start them manually when I desire.

With the removal of UnHackMe and Snoopfree the speed of the AV opening has increased noticeably. I think one of those was the problem.

Hope this helps some.

Best,
    Jerry

17. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

10 layers! :eek:

How much ram do you have installed? Try to run a Sysinternals program like Regmon, Diskmon, or Process Monitor. That CPU of yours must be singing "It's been "A Hard Day's Night!". :D

Where are you guys surfing that you need all these resident malware programs! :D I think the Beach Boys have to update "Surfin' USA" and someone has to remake Jan and Dean's "Surf City" to reflect those cool erotic waves experienced by today's computer surfers. Those songs can take on entirely new meaning.

18. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey everyone. I just installed Antivir PP with the 6 mo. LIC. and everything running fine. I didn't install the MailGuard though because I use Yahoo through Firefox for my E-Mail. I also thought it would be one less process running, but is there any reason I should have and how much memory does the additional Mail Guard process really even use? Thanks.

19. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

I plan on installing it soon. Do you have any English links that correspond to the
    German pdf link they send in the e-mail, or is that just the general Avira Premium instructions pdf file?

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Actually, some other AVs I know also do that, or at least offer the option. For example, AVG and PC-cillin. So it isn't exclusive to Avira, and well its a good thing to have I guess. :)

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Don't worry about the PDF, the license key is what you require. If you have a problem, you can always look up the english help file. :)

22. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I ditched NOD32 went to the German website signed up, got the email with HBEDV.key went to the American website and downloaded a copy of Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium in English. Put the German HBEDV.key in the English Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium and it worked. I am running a scan now.

23. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

will this key work wiht the new Avira for vista that will be release on April 18?

thanks

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If you currently have a valid suite key now, then yes it will with the new added modules. Enjoy the best my friend.:)

25. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Anything special needed to be done for the big 4/18/07 update? I read about it in the Avira Forum and it has made me a little worried that something could go wrong. I never had any trouble with AVG with new Program Updates, but being new to Antivir I just want to make sure everything will go smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.