Antivir demo mode??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi im at friends trying to put this on but its saying demo mode? thought its free?? classic verison help thanks MD

liscence expired 31/8 wont update

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Just uninstall it and download latest version from their page. That should help.

3. maddawgz

did that cleand temp everything still wont go update not avalibale....... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh out of ideas
    [3/09/2006 16:52:01] [INFO] [PLG] Keyfile: Key expired [DEMO Mode]
    [3/09/2006 16:52:01] Critical error: Keyfile: Key expired [DEMO Mode]

gave up put avast on !

4. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Check the system date, and whether you really have the classic from the official site (not a mirror!).

5. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I downloaded their trial to see what all the fuss was about, what's up with a trial software that has features disabled and won't update? Demo version? Then I took a look through their support forum, sure are alot of complaints and unhappy users. For me, Nod32 still seems the best choice, inspite of their server issues.

Marc

6. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

It's not hard to understand, that a free AV like Antivir Classic has no such option as a 'demo' mode. You have downloaded and installed the Personal Edition Premium trial version. Better check your programs! Now you have installed Avast, because you couldn't get Antivir running?

7. maddawgz

hi thanks mirror was no good downloads..had to use theres' and a download manager as they where corrupted the mirrors...... thanks got it working..... all fine..... btw with the Malaware thing free version this is..... how come some arnt ticked like jokes etc..games under extended threat categorys?? is it best to leave the default settings on it.... not bad the really freebie lighter then avast even.....:D :D :D and well better detection most importantly. think ill pop it on my pc 2....MD

8. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Oh.

I checked their support forum, and didn't found a lot of complaints and/or unhappy users at all.
    Just usual, common stuff.

Please don't scream nuts.:thumbd:

9. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

From the AntiVir Classic Help File:
    It's possible that the hbedv.key file was damaged

Also, the installation program creates a serial number:
    The option to "Generate random serial number and submit during update" is enabled by default but the installation continues if the box is unchecked.

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I'm not screaming anything, read through whole posts and many pages and you may come to the same conclusion, I didn't just look through a couple of post headings. I spent a couple of hours reading. I will stay away from Antivir, this is my opinion.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i know the demo version doesnt update and seems odd that way. so what i did is registered to be a beta tester and used the beta tester licence file to trial it so then you can update and use it like its the full version.

lodore

12. maddawgz

I did download 2x the classic not preimum? but i think it was corrupted as the second time unzipping it had the red crc fail thing..... so i used dl manager IDM which is fast and didnt pick a Mirror....... cleand out temp using cccleaner... and presto working like a baby's ? lol. so all good thanks.... cant get over how light it is as my machine isnt the newest kid on the block actually my machine's been on all nite and purrrrrrrrrrs' no cpu at all with the free?? hardly ........

Although 1 question a huge page thing comes up after update i think only seen it once with all there prodcuts on it like a pop up can u get rid of that...... Also the splash screen cheers........

13. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I had the same problem when installed thier program i couldn't get anywhere with so just dumped it and went back to my nod.

14. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes u can get block antivir's popup thing. if u have an HIPS liek processgaurd u can just block avnotify.exe (is that name correct?) from running.

theres other ways as well, just search the forums (wilders or antivir).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.