"Antimal" utilities Firewalls and FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Longboard, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Do you mean what works with FirstDefense? If that's what you're asking, I've been using Comodo firewall (version 2), NOD 32 anti-virus (version 2), Anti-Executable (version 1), BoClean, and Sandboxie ... all without a hint of trouble with FirstDefense. :cool:

Acadia

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Likewise here, Online Armor, SSM, Realtime Defender at times, I had Avira free on for a while, have Mbam realtime on, no FDISR issues.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Been trying DriveSentry on my laptop. I started to make a secondary snapshot last night and have been prompted more than a dozen times so far, DriveSentry repeatedly blocking isrcopyxp.exe writes, even though I respond in DriveSentry through advanced view with Allow & Remember. I will have to give a try to manually whitelisting isrcopyxp.exe and see if that quiets it down. It's slowed the copy down so much over night that it currently projects 26 hours til completion - LOL.

Mamutu working fine with FD-ISR on my desktop.

Of course, FD-ISR is tooling write alongside NIS2009 on all six of my systems.:D

EDIT: Well, isrcopyxp.exe was already on trusted list and I can see it drop off the list and then I get prompted again for the next copy operation, no rhyme or reason, will try posting the issue at DriveSentry's forum, since I think Katie is off for holiday break at the moment - no doubt well deserved.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. munckman

munckman Registered Member

I suspect that the white list of programs that work without incidence with FD-ISR that you are looking for will dwarf the black list of programs that don't. The programs that are problematic can easily be counted without even using double digits. ;)

I"d be surprised if there are more than a half a dozen FD-ISR/Program problematic scenarios!

I've only had one program that I really liked that would consistently produce FD-ISR errors. Then, I used the usual work-a-round of updating/archiving while in a different snapshot. I tired of that though.:(

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would suspect the problem with drive sentry is it's guarding files that FDISR is copying. May have to disable it.

7. munckman

munckman Registered Member

Or... As a workaround - Copy/Update or Archive from a different snapshot. I have yet to find that this approach has ever produced errors. Yes, it is inconvenient. :mad:

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Trust is trust and I don't see any reason FD-ISR should be suddenly dropping off of DriveSentry's trusted list after I explicitly add it and tell it to remember it. I can watch it drop off the list and then it pops an alert like a goose on a new day. So, for now DriveSentry is incompatible with FD-ISR and I have raised the issue over in DS's forum. Since I'm trying out the software, I'll try out their support and keep on like I am and give them a shot at resolving the incompatibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.