Antilogger vs Onscreen Keyboard

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Siamese Dream, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream Registered Member

I was hoping some could chime on maybe a few pro and cons of both as well as if one is truly better than the other. This isn't so much product recommendation as how the two function and can be attacked. Thank you

2. JackmanG

JackmanG Former Poster

Well, basically,

a keylogger is supposed to log your keystrokes. So if you have one running on your machine, use of a virtual keyboard will render it ineffective (when you use the virtual keyboard, of course).

Obviously the drawback to a virtual keyboard is the severe reduction in input speed. Also, it makes it easier for a over-the-shoulder snooper to see what you're inputting. The "keylogger" method of capturing this information is simply a screen capture program that will record the computer screen.

I would think any good anti-logging software would detect both of these types of software.

You can actually get a free year license of Zemana Antilogger by entering the code from the zip file here. (It claims it was only active for 48 hours, but it still worked for me a few days ago.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.