Anti-Virus Software Review 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by serano, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serano

serano Registered Member

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Test sites such as that one can't be trusted to give an accurate report IMO and as far as kaspersky not being there it doesn't mean a thing. Kaspersky is a very well respected company.

bigc

3. ---

"Effectiveness:
    The VB 100% logo is awarded to anti-virus products that:

Detect all "In the Wild" viruses during both on-demand and on-access scanning in Virus Bulletin's comparative tests.

Generate no false positives when scanning a set of clean files.

Bitdefender Standard was awarded the VB100, the Virus Bulletin certification that the product is able to detect all the viruses which are currently existent in the wild. Once again, BitDefender passed with flying colors, and the test team noticed an improvement in the overall detection rates from previous tests."

It seems that these "testers" have not conducted any tests on their own but rely on the results provided by virus bulletin magazine.

4. Culvin

Culvin Registered Member

I tend to disagree about Kaspersky's absense not meaning a thing. KAV is generally accepted as having the best overall malware protection of any AV available, so I have trouble taking an AV review seriously that doesn't include it.

On edit, I see you probably mean that Kaspersky's absense doesn't "mean a thing" about Kaspersky, which I agree with :D I thought you where talking about the review.

The review also gives the impression that NOD32 isn't any more "efficient" at detecting and cleaning viruses than AVG, which goes contrary to everything I've read.

And it's too subjective -- I prefer a review to focus on raw detection numbers, and not how easy the reviewers think an AV is to setup and use.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  5. jlo

jlo Registered Member

I had a quick look at the Nod32 review. Not a single mention about Nod32 advanced heuristics!

If that is not mentioned can't have been very well reviewed!!

Cheers

Jlo

6. jlo

jlo Registered Member

In fact it says Nod32 has script stopper which is not true so I would not take to much notice of this review.

Cheers

Jlo

7. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I've taken a look at that a little while ago. Don't bother with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.