Anti-Trojan test

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by toploader, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toploader

toploader Registered Member

ok journey back in time to the halcyon days of 2004 and relive those glory days by viewing an anti-trojan test

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/trojan-detection-test.htm

One particular example made us smile. It was a serial number for Norton Anti Virus. It had been embedded in a self unpacking zip archive with the trojan embedded in the unzipping executable. When you double clicked the archive and unpacked it, all you saw was a single text file. When you opened the text file, there was the Norton serial number. To the average user it would all look innocuous - what could be more harmless than a text file? Of course by that stage the users' computer was already infected....

2. controler

controler Guest

Seems everybody is using VMWear now days.
    Those wher money is not an issue are using VmWear with RamDisk or and RocketDrive. RamDisk is cheap enough but look at how much RocketDrive costs Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is because it is a RAM hard drive. Plugs into a spare PCI slot.
    I have used RamDisk and like it. It even works great to install Firefox to for example and just load the Drive IMG on boot. ANy program you run from a RamDrive runs much faster.

These days I been doing my testing with Microsofts Shared Computer Toolkit.

One thing I will mention and I have mentioned it here before without so much as a whisper back.

Joanna Has an article on some work she did compromising VMWear.

Also: I would never judge a product by it's single detection ( Trojan)

For instance, I know for a fact BoClean not only detects trojans but spyware as well. I also know Boclean detects a bunch of keyloggers. I am sure most of the others do as well.
    Maybe BoClean doesn't have a trial, so what, you get to install it on both your laptop and desktop. BoClean is the only product I ever purchased without being able to trial it.

So if we group nasties into one catagory, we might end up with simply MALWARE, no not maleware or femaleware LOL

If you want to test out a very promising product right now without buying, give KIS's new beta a try. It is found over on an old fav. Betanews.

controler

3. telluride

telluride Guest

Yah that's a good question..... why don't they call if femaleware? It seems female cause all the trouble, so shouldn't they change the name? hehe jk. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.