ANTI-TROJAN FREE SOFTWARE

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by bebo, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebo

bebo Guest

:D

ok i have FREE PROGRAMs for security

sygate for (firewall)
    adware (spyware and ads)
    avg (antivirus)

i only need

ANTI-TROJAN software and free reliable one
    FREE FREE non paid please

any suggestionso_O

anything else i need for security?
    any suggestions in configuring IE or pc to
    enhance security

thanks
    let me know
    i got my ears open
    lols

2. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I got ma suggestion. Get Spybot S&D and maybe look into an encrytpion program there.s a few of them AT web Attack. You can also find Spybot S&D there also. here's a link to the encrytpion page at web attack http://www.webattack.com/freeware/security/fwencrypt.shtml

Here;s a link to spybot at web attack http://www.webattack.com/get/spybot.shtml
    Make sure you update spybat after installing it.

Now as for free Anti trojan scanners there are none worth downloading. But most of the Anti trojan scanners do offer a free 30 day trial. I hope this helps.

3. root

root Registered Member

Get System Safety Monitor. Not exactly an AT but it will work.

4. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Good hint Root! :)

you'll find it at Web Attack

click here

Bye,

Uguel

5. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Yes it is. I would of posted about SSM, but I feel it's not a good program for someone that might be just starting out with computer security. If I'm not mistaken SSM can mess with the registry. correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi Notageek!

I haven't tried that program yet. But I saw, when clicking on "larger view", that they give the name of the program of each application that try to start up, and, not only the "DLL" definition, which sometimes, doesn't ring a bell to me.

You're not wrong at all. One should be very cautious when dealing with the registry.
    Yes, I would reccomend it for "experienced people" only.
    Not for beginners! It's good to make sure that you can get support too... ;)

Bye,

Uguel

7. JayK

JayK Poster

You really need to have a indepth knowledge of what Windows does, the various components, what to allow "spawning" etc. It makes configuring a ruled based firewall look easy.

8. phaedrus

phaedrus Registered Member

There will be a free version of the soon-to-be-released A² anti trojan/anti malware program. :cool:

Keep checking here for the release.

Cheers,

Trev.

9. srfox

srfox Registered Member

Well, I'm currently testing SSM and you can easily make mistakes, which I did the other day. I tried to open a program zip to find out what it was and SSM started pulling up one screen after the other. This was for some IE closer call close EX. Don't know if its the program's fault or just that some hole was taken advantage of. Anyway the program said it was executing Win Zip, which is not on my computer and this should have alerted me too. Then when I canceled it, it said it was unloading temp files. I immediately got warning from Windows that some files were overwritten. Well I didn't have the CD to stop this. The windup was that killbits installed by Spyware Blaster were not functioning and I noticed an app in my system that was downloading an update. (update for what) I immediately stopped this and tried to do a system restore, but this did not work. Then I ran Spybot which found the culprits and then I was able to do a full restore.

So even when you think you know what you're doing, you need to be careful. You can try the trial versions of TDS or one of the others recommended by the members in the meantime and I've heard good reports about BOClean.

10. JayK

JayK Poster

no offence but it sounds rather far sketched that some one would design a program to exploit a weakness in a little known and used program.

Far more likely, (in the confusion with SSM opening "spawning windows") you clicked on something that caused it to execute.

As i said, SSM is scary to use, it makes using rule based firewalls e.g Kerio look easy.

PS What program are you talking about? That whole thing about removing the activex kill bits by spywareblaster (did you check or did you assume?) doesnt make sense, since it is being installed locally and not via activex on websites.

11. srfox

srfox Registered Member

When I tried to update Spyware Blaster all of blocked listings disappeared. It wasn't until after I ran Spybot, that the listings came back.
    I didn't say that app caused the problem, but something was executing, alas, I know not from where.

12. srfox

srfox Registered Member

found one of the offending processes, the download part. It is a file called wuauclt.exe found in the System32 folder. I disabled it with SSM. Probably should delete. Anybody ever come across this file before?

13. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Don't delete it ! It's the core file of windows update in Millenium ;)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312477

Rgds,

14. srfox

srfox Registered Member

The "Teknum Systems" was probably using it to update itself. I found this by looking at the recovery files in Spybot.

15. jargonize

jargonize Registered Member

ya might try finjan pro, it was free last time i was there, i like it, you can adjust it easy, keeps out about %50 also scripts and some exes. but when you download an exe you must disable it first. don't have a link.

16. JayK

JayK Poster

It's pretty worthless IMHO.

17. srfox

srfox Registered Member

I tried finjan pro a long time ago. As I remember, it continually stops scripts from executing but there is no setting to say remember this, like System Safety Monitor has.

18. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I do not believe Teknum will update itself from Spybot's recovery files unless you do the recovery. Have you not completely removed Teknum?? Would you like a thread started on Teknum as Paul suggested??

19. Vieira

Vieira Registered Member

20. srfox

srfox Registered Member

I'm pretty sure I got all of it as after I removed it I did a restore from before the software was installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.