Anti-trojan 5.5???

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Q-ball, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

I’m loving Anti-Trojan’s Tech Support, got an beautiful E-mail this morning in response to yesterdays E-mail, and I E-mailed them again with the issues not so long ago and got response shortly afterwards (5-10mins)…

I love products with good Tech Support :)

2. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

Hehe I know who you are ATN ;)
    Welcome to Wilders (encase Yesterday/Today visits are your 1st)… :D

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Software developpers are welcome over on this board to comment in regard to their product(s) ;) - although registering wouldn't be a bad idea.

Welcome indeed.

regards.

paul

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

A few years ago antivirus software missed out the detection of so called back door programs. Back in those days even some companies had the opinion that they should not detect these kind of malware. That was the "birth" of anti trojan software. Today this scenario has completly changed: nearly all antivirus software products detect (backdoor-)trojans as well.

That development forced the "trojan users" (or better scriptkiddies) to find ways to make the trojan undetectable for AV products. The most common way to do this is to use runtimepackers or crypters. But again most of the current antivirus software developers overlooked this trend. But even worse also a lot of AT product developers overlooked or ignored this trend as well. So today you can say that an anti trojan program that has no answer to this kind "threats" is just a waste of resources.

So again the main reason for anti trojan software these days is that the product can deal with changed situation due to the fact that most av software has still here a "lack" and not such arguments like: I use it because because other software is also not perfect. This is like: I prefer to life in a dictatorship because democraty isn't perfect either.

In case of memory scanning as an idea to prevent those kind of threats you might want to try products like TDS-3 or TrojanHunter.

In Germany we say to that kind of attitude "Petzer". :D But I think this kind of discussion is nothing new to the AT guys. At least I am sure that they remember me well. ;)

The weaknesses of AT are known and discussed (e.g. in the German Trojaner-Board forum) for years. Let's see if there is something changing. :)

wizard

5. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Just practicing to keep up with all the new "youth slang". :D

wizard

6. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Don't think that they are staying that long over here. ;) But anyhow I agree with Paul please register overhere that nobody can misuse your handle. :)

wizard

7. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

Easy.... We-all wouldn't want to see you have a stroke?!?!? :D

8. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

Wizard, You are not impressing me what-so-ever so give it up…

I definitely wouldn’t rely on Anti-Virus System to-do work of Anti-Trojan Systems just like I wouldn’t rely on Anti-Trojan System to-do the work of an Anti-Virus System… And just a little Tip: A lot of Anti-Virus Systems are slapping regular harmless Applications with an Trojan Label, they filling their AV Database up with (fakes) so many slapped regular harmless Applications it’s just so not funny anymore… BECAUSE these utilities commonly found on users infected machines, and “””may””” have something to-do with BAD depending on who’s hands it’s in.

You must understand no product it absolutely perfect, they all have issues & Lack in some types of necessary Features and rather spending 24/7 trashing the products, I like provide my dedication and assist to whatever it takes to improve products to make them Ultimate.

And personally that’s the problem persons who shares your views who always on the go to find something that will never exist until you stand your grounds and focus on helping assist in improving products, don’t be so damn judgemental thinking they already know this and that, and making assumptions which refers to product Authors not caring… How the heck would you know if you don’t even make any efforts into finding out…?

In Addition; let me tell you a little something, I LIKE ANTI-TROJAN V5.5X AND I THINK THEY HAVE POTENTIAL, AND WITH A LITTLE ASSISTANCE FROM USERS, E-MAIL AND SHARE YOUR OPINIONS AND PROBLEMS, HELP THEM HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO!

9. wizard

wizard Registered Member

I'am not going to impress you. I deliver facts - that's the difference. :)

Yes because of the before described weaknesses in my postings of antivirus systems in regard to packed/crypted trojans. But if you are going to rely than on an anti trojan software that has the same weaknesses as your av software so what is the (protection) advantage?

I assume you are talking hear about Clients, EditServers and stuff like that. There is plenty of theses "fakes" as well in the signatures of Anti-Trojan. So again no difference to a normal antivirus program.

Sorry don't get the point here about what you are talking about...

I am not intressted in trashing programs. Just stating what the weaknesses are, especially if they are that "critical" as in this case.

Just wondering if you any commercial intresst in AT? Why care about are product that isn't good enuff when there are better products available? Isn't it what market-economy is about? I might would have share your point of view if AT is a new product but those guys are around for years and there "willingness" to listen is very limited. I remember we had all those discussions a few years back in the German Trojaner-Board. As I found out yesterday nothing changed since than.

wizard

10. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

Whatever you say......... ;)

11. Ph33r_

Ph33r_ Guest

Admin Note: Personal attacks removed. Please discuss the topic not the posters - LWM

Cya 4 now ;)

Ph33r_ aka Phant0m`` :cool:

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This thread is done for now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.