Anti-Rootkit Software

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jdjudy, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdjudy

jdjudy Registered Member

With production of Rootkit Unhooker stopped, which anti-rootkit do you find most effective?

Do you think independent analyizers, such as icesword and gmer are better than the installs, such as AVG or Avira? The latter are more user friendly, though may not be as effective. What your thoughts?

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

You brought up the major point in comparing Ice Sword and Gmer with the ARK's put out by the av vendors.The av vendor programs are easy to use.
    You have to be a bit more knowledgable with Ice Sword etc..I don't know which would be more effective.
    I prefer Ice Sword over anything else in the category.

3. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

RKU is still the most advanced samedrive forensic ARK tool currently.
    The others have yet to take ARK technology to another level....

Having used the next GMER build(private Beta)i can report some improvement in functionability+data reported.But it has not surpassed RKU final build yet;)

IceSword is a very handy ARK tool with lots of neat tricks if you know how to use it correctly but as most know these forensic ARK tools require some degree of knowledge to utilize the data returned by them.

Most of the inhouse(AV)ARK tools are easiar to use but then have very limited scope of reporting data and ultimatly removing malware RK's.

So which is best out of these 2 types of ARK tools....IMO the forensic tool by a country mile if you know how to use it:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.