Anti makes wardriving child’s play with a rooted Android phone

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Searching_ _ _, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Anti makes wardriving child’s play with a rooted Android phone - Geek.com

2. x942

x942 Guest

Anti will hopefully scare people into being more secure. The sad thing is I have been doing this for years (since the iPod touch came out) with metasploit, nmap, and other tools available via Cydia. This just puts it in the hands of script kiddys but that is the scary thing; people who have the tools but haven't got a clue what the are doing.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Searching_ _ _

Wonder how it'll be before we hear about intrusions due to it ? I noted you have to pay for serious usage though !

@ x942

You're a naughty boy :p Out of interest though, how many people were unsecured, roughly out of all the scans you did ?

4. x942

x942 Guest

lol :p Let's just say out of 2 starbucks I could have hacked 28 machines last time I did it ( a month ago). In total probably a few hundred considering I was doing it at my college and any open/WEP WiFi I could find.

Also a thing to note: Most of the machines I found were running unpatched versions of XP SP2. Tsk. Tsk. people :p

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

That'll be me then :D But you wouldn't get into my comp :p

6. x942

x942 Guest

LOL. I hope your not running SP2 unpatched. I found about ~62 vulnerabilities I could have used on one computer today. But I suppose if you are using SRP or something you may be fine :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.