Anti-Keylogger v6.1 - install problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by krazo1961, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazo1961

krazo1961 Registered Member

Hello,

I installed ant-keylogger 6 trial version as it was highly sugested by wilders.org. I obtained the information and link; Anti-Keylogger (http://www.anti-keyloggers.com/products.html) directly on the
    page for Spyware (http://www.wilders.org/spyware.htm) and had
    big trouble.

I doubled clickd on the install file and when through the installation all the way to the screen were I pressed 'Finish' thats when I had a problem.
    First my firewall (Zonelab ZoneAlam Pro popped up a warrning about a temp file from the program attempting access which it had not been granted permission (zonealarm was just doing whats it's supposed to be doing) .

I pressed the 'ALLOW' button from the (ZoneAlarm Pro) firewall alert
    window to GIVE it permission and when I did my computer locked up on a blue screen with a message a protecting windows itself or a critical file(s). It said to boot to safe mode and uninstall the program. Thats the short of it.

I could not restart my computer the key board and mouse didn't work and I pressed ctrl-alt-delete that did nothing. I then pressed my computer restart/power button and nothing happened. I was forced to un plug my computer shutting it of then press the power button to turn it back on.

I fist booted into safe mode and tried to uninstall the program from control panel and then uninstall in the anti-kelloger start menue folder NEITHER worked. My cursor briefly changed to the working in backround thing then stopped I tried many times and it did not work.

I then restarted and booted into NORMAL mode and windows function fine but I had the same uninstall results as in safe mode.

I clicked on the ant-keylogger program and it came up with the following error message:

Kernal not installed.
    Please reinstall the program.
    [code: 0x000000000]

When I tried to reinstall the program as it sugested and had the exact same things happened as I described above. Please help me. I am stuck the reinstall failed to fix it so I could unistall what files did get placed in the program folder so Iam stuck.

MY SYSTEM INFO:
    windows xp pro and my system was working flaulessly before instal and still works fine after all this biz), no viruses (mcAfee), spyware. I scan with Webroot’s Spy Sweeper, Microsoft’s Anti Spyware,LavaSoft’s Ad-Aware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Eliminator and TrojanHunter (just used for scanning mannualy).

I am currenly running CA’s PestPatrol as my 'ACTIVE' protection. I have been a long time user of HijackThis. Last I keep track of all processes
    running on my system using TaskManager and primarily a program called WinTask Pro which is far more detailed in it’s tracking of processes running, auto start programs and much more.

I have a folder for anti-keylogger with a few 'orphaned' files in it and thats it. Since the program didn't and wont install its abviously not running.

The questions are:
    Can I just delete that folder and the few files it put in before it failed.

use sytem restore to go back to yesterday where I just happen to set a restore point and retore back to then. Will that do the trick.

First use system restore then if I still find any folder with its stragling few files in it from

the failed install I just delete them. The restore will get rid of any registry entries from the

failed install if any are there by going back to previous good pre install attemp point.

I contacted the vendor but no one answers the phone or answers there 'live' tech support from the

wem site. It could be a case of what country there in it doesn't say on the site any where. I

trust Wilders with thier sugestions I have no reason not to. It's one of the main sources of help

of it's king around. I guess I just had bad luck.

**Please help with your sugestions, comments or feed back on this

Kevin

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

first use system restore then delete any remaining folders/registry entries. and lastly run ccleaner (both the junk and registry cleaner). hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.