Antergos 18.3 Gnome - Regression celebration

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I've written a long, thorough and largely negative review of Antergos 18.3, an Arch-based distribution with Gnome desktop, tested in a dual-boot setup on a laptop with Nvidia graphics, covering live session, installation and post-install use, including look & feel, customization, network support - Wireless, printing, no Samba sharing or Bluetooth, multimedia support - MP3 playback and stuttery HD video, smartphone support - Android, Windows Phone and no iPhone, excellent fonts in the live session, bad fonts in the installed system, partitioning with dangerous defaults, feature selection, no proprietary drivers out of the box despite selection, mediocre hardware support, manual graphics driver configuration, webcam, touchpad, package management and updates, apps, resource usage, performance, responsiveness, stability, Steam crash, various ergonomics problems, many other bugs and regressions, and more. Take a look.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/antergos-18-3.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Very interesting as usual. I have been using Antergos (Cinnamon) without problems for the last couple of years on my Dell E5540 but on my new Asus (with nvidia GPU) I have got a lot of problems even on live session (actually I could boot 18.3 live but no way with 18.4)...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.