Another use for FD-ISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by flinchlock, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Lets say I am working on a project called "Data Encraption Wizard" with another developer that is 3,141.59 miles from me.

I have completed some coding, and so I do a Copy/Update into my project archive snapshot "Data Encraption Wizard.arx", and then upload that archive to our project web server.

My co-developer then downloads that archive into his/her archive folder, and then does a Copy/Update into his/her project snapshot!

Mike

P.S. I am assuming we both have the exact hardware... at least the same mobo.

P.S.S. I have my Archives stored in E:\$ISR-ARX (See Tools > Options > Archives > Specify alternate archive location).

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You may run into problems with windows activation. Also each time you go back and forth you are copying a whole bunch of unnecessary stuff.

I would try and find a way to setup up everything on both machines and then just exchange your latest files.

Pete

Another thought. set up everything in an identical folder and sync to a folder in another disk. THen exchange that folder. I have all the software (MS office,quickbooks,paperport, etc) setup in an identical manner on all my machines. Then I identified all the files plus my document area, and I synchronize all the machines via an external drive I can see across the network.

3. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Dah, forgot about that... how in the heck could I ever forget... CRS... "Old and in the Way" (David Grisman)

Mike

4. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Have you heard of the free Altiris Software Virtualization Solution?
    It seems to me that you are talking about a software and data setup that you want to synchronize with a remote computer.

Create a layer with the required applications and data, export that layer and send it to the remote destination.
    No identical hardware/configuration required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.