Another Sandboxie observation relative to x64 W7 SP1 and IE 10.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I did post this on the Sb Quick Questions a few weeks ago and again today as a bug. If Sb protection is enabled for IE 10, it only runs it x32. This is the exact issue that happens if User Account Control and Enhanced Security are disabled. Have you verified that IE 10 is in x64 mode? I use Cyberfox so this is a small issue but should be addressed. Thank you!

2. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Hi ratchet,

I am on W7 x64 and have noticed some serious issues when running SBIE v4 to launch IE10, the worst of which is that IE would lockup (stop responding) for minutes at a time! I have since reverted to 376 which runs almost problem-free on my system.

Wendi

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Wendi, some people on 3.76 are having issues after installing Windows update KB2813170. Have you installed that update and if so, is Sandboxie doing OK?

Bo

4. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Hi Bo,

If that IE update was classified as important/critical then I'm sure it was installed on my PC, but while I'm also experiencng IE issues on v3.76 they are not anywhere near the extent that I experienced on v4.0.1.x (that is to say, IE issues exist with v3.76, but they are tolerable).

Wendi

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  5. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Wendi, thanks a lot for responding.:)

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.